If you’re looking for a job in Alabama right now and you’re ready for something new, you’re in luck. Two big names in Birmingham’s tech scene have teamed up to create an awesome opportunity for just the right people: gener8tor’s new Upskilling Alabama program. Keep reading for all the details.
Upskilling Alabama: who it’s for
This new program is open to all Alabama residents seeking to develop or enhance skills in the following areas:
- digital marketing
- project management
Who’s putting it on:
- Bronze Valley gener8tor
- Innovate Birmingham
- With support from Microsoft’s global skilling initiative, which seeks to help 25 million people worldwide whose jobs have been affected by COVID-19 gain new skills by the end of 2021.
Upskilling Alabama: what it is
This free job skills training program offers training, support and placement to Alabama residents through the following:
- 7-week, cohort-based program.
- Self-paced virtual curriculum from Microsoft and LinkedIn to learn skills and earn certifications and badges.
- One-on-one concierge support from the gener8tor team on the skills content, plus coaching on interview skills and resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter writing.
- Virtual access to a network of peers who can support each other and form a community.
- Opportunities to interview with companies ready to hire candidates with these skills, in partnership with Innovate Birmingham’s summer bootcamp programs.
At the end of the seven-week program, participants will have the ability to leverage the resources of these organizations to access job opportunities in their community, or at national companies hiring for virtual jobs.
When it happens:
The first virtual statewide class starts in June 2021.
Why it matters:
There are more tech jobs than qualified people to fill them. This program helps locals develop in-demand skills for these jobs.
“The Upskilling program will…bolster Alabama’s technology ecosystem by increasing the pool of diverse talent for both entrepreneurs and established tech companies.”
Bronze Valley President & CEO Neill S. WrightBronze Valley President & CEO Neill S. Wright
Want to get started on the first steps to your new career? Visit this website to learn more or reach out to Bronze Valley Accelerator’s Director Haley Medved Kendrick.
Get updates like this delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up for Bham Now’s free, informative + fun newsletter today.
The post Looking for a job? gener8tor’s no-cost Upskilling Alabama program may be your next best step appeared first on Bham Now.