If you’re located in the Mobile area, you know there are so many delectable food options all around town. Whether you’re trying to decide where to go or what to eat, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to see the 10 best things we ate this month in Mobile—from a local’s perspective.
1. The Red or White pizza from Red or White
This pizza, that looks just as good as it tastes, is topped with smokey roasted pepper sauce, Italian sausage, whole milk ricotta, provolone, mozzarella and chili flakes. All of the flavors go together extremely well and make for the perfect pizza!
- Location: 1104 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36604
- Hours: Monday, 10:30AM-5:30PM | Tuesday-Thursday, 10:30am-8:30PM | Friday-Saturday, 10:30AM-9:30PM
2. Uptown Shrimp from Chuck’s Fish
“The uptown shrimp is my go-to every-time I eat at Chuck’s. The uptown sauce is so delicious and it always leaves me wishing I had a bottle of it to bring home for myself. I would probably put it on everything!”Emme McPhillips, Mobile resident
- Location: 551 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 5PM-10PM | Friday-Saturday, 4PM-11PM | Sunday, 5PM-9PM
3. Steamed Turkey Sandwich from GRACE on Dauphin
If you’re a warm sandwich lover, this one is perfect for you. Decorated with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado mayo, and steamed on French bread, this handheld lunch will simply melt in your mouth.
- Location: 555 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday, 11AM-11PM | Thursday-Saturday, 11AM-12AM | Sunday, 10AM-3PM
4. Roll Tide Roll from Wasabi Sushi & Noodles
Looking for a friendly environment to sit down and enjoy some yummy Japanese food? Wasabi is the place to go. The Roll Tide Roll is tempura fried and features crab meat, tuna, and cream cheese. This ode to the Crimson Tide is then topped with aioli sauce and and Japanese crunchee.
- Location: 3654 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Friday, 11AM-9:30PM | Saturday, 12PM-9PM
5. Street-Style Tacos from El Papi
Your taco Tuesday just got a whole lot better with this recommendation. One carne asada taco, one chicken tinga taco and one pork-belly taco makes for a tasty street taco trio at El Papi.
- Location: 615 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 4PM-9PM | Friday, 4PM-10PM | Saturday, 11AM-10PM | Sunday, 11AM-9PM
6. Mocha Ice Cream Pie from Felix’s Fish Camp
Drooling at this photo? Us too. This picturesque dessert consists of creamy coffee and dutch chocolate ice cream, a chocolate cookie crust and fudge sauce. Whether you’re a chocolate lover or not, the mocha ice cream pie is a dream.
7. Baked Avocado from FIVE Mobile
Calling all avocado lovers. It’s time to drop the toast and give this mouthwatering appetizer from FIVE a try. The baked avocado features chopped shrimp, bacon tempura, spicy mayo, sweet soy and green onions. You will never want to eat another bland avocado again.
- Location: 609 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Wednesday-Thursday, 4PM-9PM | Friday, 4PM-10PM | Saturday, 11AM-3PM ; 4PM-10PM | Sunday, 11AM-3PM; 4PM-9PM
8. Fresh Catch Snapper from Bistro St. Emanuel
It’s not hard to find seafood around Mobile, but it is hard to pick your favorite. Here is one of ours. The fresh catch snapper from Bistro St. Emanuel is hard to beat when it comes to freshness, and just look at that presentation!
- Location: 200 St Emanuel St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday, 7AM-10AM; 5PM-9PM | Tuesday, 7AM-10AM | Wednesday-Thursday, 7AM-10AM; 5PM-9PM | Friday-Saturday, 8AM-2PM; 5PM-10PM | Sunday, 8AM-2PM; 5PM-9PM
9. Tuna Poke Power Bowl from Squid Ink
The tuna poke power bowl from Squid Ink is a tasty way to add some pep in your step for the day. Consisting of diced tuna, soy sesame sriracha, dressing over lentils, quinoa, kale, charred cauliflower, sweet potato, cucumber, craisins and crunchy gyoza, this bowl is a great source of protein and energy.
- Location: 102 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-8:30PM | Friday, 11AM-10PM | Saturday, 10AM-10PM | Sunday, 10AM-8:30PM
10. Chicken Balsamic Pizza + Spring Rolls from POST
Although this may sound like an odd combination, it is amazing. The veggie spring rolls are a great shareable snack to get your table geared up for the main course—the pizza. The chicken balsamic pizza is topped with chicken, alfredo sauce, spinach and balsamic glaze, and baked to perfection.
- Location: 571 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 4PM-12AM | Friday-Saturday, 2PM-2AM