We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our website visitors.
Use of Data
- When you sign up to our email subscription list, we will store your information in our database.
- We will send you regular newsletters.
- We will only send you information if you have expressed permission and we do not share user data with third parties.
- We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- By providing your personal data, you agree to the storing and processing of your data.
- You can unsubscribe from the list at any time.
- In running and maintaining the website we may collect and process the following data about you, and your use of the site, including: details of your visits, pages viewed and the resources you access. This information includes traffic data and other communication data such as your IP address. This information does not directly identify you personally.
- We use Google Analytics cookies to gather this information to assist in improving the website experience for you. They are used for statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
- We use a cookie to see if we’ve asked you to sign up for our newsletter within the past year.
- We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, by which types of users and from which locales.
- We may gather information about your general internet use from use of the cookie.
- Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. This information will not identify you personally.
Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user. Note that legitimate logins are only utilized by Bham Now personnel.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Data Used: Any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process a search request on the WordPress.com servers.
Data Used: For video play tracking via WordPress.com Stats, the following information is used: viewer’s IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. If Google Analytics is enabled, video play events will be sent there, as well.
Activity Tracked: Video plays.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does nothave access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.