Looking for a cheap bite to eat in Auburn this summer? Check out our list of 13 must-try snacks you can try on a tight budget.
1. Coffee Mafia
Craving a southern classic with a twist? You can try Coffee Mafia’s fan favorite Avocado Dream–yummy pimento cheese, sliced tomato and creamy avocado on a toasted everything bagel–for only $7.
- Price: $7
- Location: 414 South Gay Street, Auburn, Alabama 36830
- Hours: Daily 7AM-5PM
2. Byron’s Smokehouse
Need some breakfast on a budget? Byron’s has you covered. Two eggs any style and your choice of bacon, sausage, or ham with a biscuit and grits or fried potatoes for only $4.95.
- Price: $4.95
- Location: 436 Opelika Rd, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday 6AM-3PM
3. El Taco Veloz
If you’re looking for the best way to spend your Tuesday, El Taco Veloz might be the answer. It may be a little further out, but they have the best $1 street tacos you’ll find in Auburn.
- Price: $1
- Location: 1107 Fitzpatrick Ave Opelika, AL 36801
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00AM – 9:00PM
4. Ross House
Ross House is one of Auburn students’ favorite study spots, and for good reason. Their chewy apple cinnamon scone and a medium latte for $8.95 is a deal too delicious to beat.
- Price: $8.95
- Location: 150 N Ross St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday- Saturday 7AM-8PM
5. The Irritable Bao
One of Auburn’s most beloved fan-favorite spots, The Irritable Bao, located at the heart of downtown right around the corner from Toomer’s, offers a daily selection of steamed bao buns for only a little over $3 each. Flavors range from classics like beef and carrot to fusion flavors like buffalo chicken dip and mac and cheese.
- Price: $3.75
- Location: 127 E. Magnolia Ave Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday 9AM-2PM, Saturday 10AM-2PM
6. Mo’Bay Beignet Co.
One of Auburn’s newest hot spots for sweet treats, Mo’Bay Beignet Co. serves up hot, powdered beignets all day. You can try three beignets for only $4.99, but don’t forget to add one of their signature syrups to dip for only .99 cents!
- Price: $4.99
- Location: 155 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Tuesday- Thursday 7:30AM-9PM, Friday 7:30AM-11PM, Saturday 9AM-11PM, Sunday 9AM-9PM
7. Big Blue Bagel Deli
Big Blue Bagel Deli is a classic and affordable Auburn breakfast staple located right downtown. Try out any of their classic bagels and omelets as well as a variety of bagel sandwiches, such as their signature sandwich, the Tiger Melt.
- Price: $6.84
- Location: 120 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 7AM-2:30PM; Sunday 8AM-2:30PM
When Mobile-based chicken joint Foosackly’s came to Auburn, it became an instant hit among college students looking for cheap and delicious fried chicken and fries. One of their most economic and delicious eats, the bacon queso fries, will only run you about $4.
- Price: $3.84
- Location: 131 N Dean Rd, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Daily 10AM-10PM
Need a new brunch obsession? Bizilia’s “muffinini” might be the answer to your prayers. The dessert is simply a muffin cut in half and toasted like a panini, it’s warm, delicious, and the best part? It’s only $2.50!
- Price: $2.50
- Location: 134 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM, Saturday-Sunday 8AM-2PM
10. The Plaza
The perfect appetizer to pair with Thursday night drink specials, The Plaza in Midtown offers all kinds of delicious finger food and drinks, including cheesy tots for only $2.50.
- Price: $2.50
- Location: 800 Main Street, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Tuesday 5-11PM, Wednesday-Sunday 11AM-11PM
11. Good Karma
Good Karma’s new storefront downtown is a must-try for lovers of Indian cuisine. For a cheap and delicious summer treat, try their savory chicken or veggie samosas paired with a creamy mango lassi to cool off, all for under $10.
- Price: $8
- Location: 132 N College St, Auburn, AL, 36830
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM-9PM
12. Little Italy
Any Auburn student will tell you Little Italy is at the top of their list when it comes to late night cravings. Offering a wide range of subs, calzones, and local beer selections, you can get the whole pie or just build your own slice for only $3.25.
- Price: $3.25
- Location: 129 East Magnolia Avenue, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11AM-2AM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-3AM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
13. The Bean
The Bean cafe serves up hot fair-trade coffee and delicious pastries made in house every day, boasting the best cinnamon roll in Auburn for a price that won’t break the bank.
- Price: $3.75
- Location: 140A N Dean Road, Auburn, Alabama 36830
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-6PM, Saturday 8AM-5PM