Music makes the world go round. I mean, seriously, who doesn’t love a good concert? With it starting to get colder out, a nice, warm concert venue seems all the more appealing for your weekend. Let’s take a look at 3 downtown Mobile music venues and talk about some upcoming shows you won’t want to miss.
1. Alabama Music Box
Open in 2008, closed in 2013, and reopened in 2019—Alabama Music Box is here to stay! This 700-some seat venue provides an intimate, yet still loud and fun, concert experience. Alabama Music Box loves hosting underground bands and even comedians, making it a great place to discover your next favorite artist. It has a somewhat grungy, underground vibe that makes for a very exclusive feeling experience.
Upcoming Shows (with links to events page for all the details)
- Nov.12 at 8 p.m.: Brave New World / Nevertel / Afterdusk / Glazed Eyes at Alabama Music Box
- Nov. 18 at 7 p.m.: Mo Alexander (Comedy Central, Hart of the City)
- Nov. 21 at 8 p.m.: The Victrolas, Disco Lemonade, Sloth Racer, Starlin
- Nov. 26 at 3 p.m.: TIM CAPPELLO live at Alabama Music Box (Mobile, AL 11/26)
- Nov. 29 at 8 p.m.: Knives, Blind Tiger, Two-Piece and MORE!!
2. Soul Kitchen
Soul Kitchen is a favorite of the younger college crowd here in Mobile, probably because of their lineups. They have a great lineup that’s a perfect mix of up & coming artists with those great ones we already know and love. If you’re looking for the classic big concert experience, with great artists and some awesome atmosphere, Soul Kitchen is your place.
Upcoming shows (with links to more information)
- Nov. 9 at 7 p.m.: Theory of a Deadman at Soul Kitchen – 11/9
- Nov. 11 at 8 p.m.: Jelly Roll – 11/11 – Mobile. AL
- Nov. 15 at 8:30 p.m.: Illiterate Light – 11/15 – Mobile, AL
- Nov. 17 at 8 p.m.: Tesla – 11/17 – Mobile, AL
- Nov. 20 at 8:30 p.m.: Nirvanna – Tribute to Nirvana
- Nov. 21 at 9:00 p.m.: Toosii
- Nov. 26 at 8:30 p.m.: Red Clay Strays
- Nov. 30 at 7:00 p.m.: Mobile, AL – Tech N9ne’s Strange New World Tour 2021
3. Saenger Theatre
Looking for a gorgeous venue to enjoy your favorite artist? Look no further than the Saenger Theatre. Built in 1927, this gorgeous building serves as a kind of cultural landmark for Mobile, making a concert here all the more special. They host everything from concerts to ballet performances to full-on musicals. You won’t want to miss a performance here while you’re in Mobile.
Upcoming shows (of course with links to more info)
- Nov. 19 at 7 p.m.: Fortune Feimster – 2 Sweet 2 Salty
- Nov. 20 at 8 p.m.: The Fab Four – The Ultimate Beatles Tribute
- Dec. 1 at 8 p.m.: Jason Mraz – “Live & Acoustic” Tour with Toca Rivera and Special Guest Gregory Page
Which downtown music venue in Mobile is your favorite? Tag us @thebamabuzz and let us know!