Grad season is upon us and whether you’re getting ready to leave The Plains or coming in town to commemorate your favorite student, chances are you’re looking for a way to celebrate. We rounded up five classic spots to celebrate the hard work and close out an exciting chapter.
1. Auburn Eats
We know that Auburn graduates are going to miss their favorite downtown bites. Check out a few of our top picks:
Live Oaks is built on Auburn traditions. Named after the Toomer’s Corner Oaks, the restaurant offers a patio looking to College Street, specialty cocktails and delicious appetizers.
- Contact: 334.521.5101 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 4-9PM; Friday-Saturday 4-10PM; Closed Sunday
- Address: 201 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
The Irritable Bao
The Irritable Bao took the community by storm in 2017 with a line out of the door every day. Now settled in the heart of downtown, they serve authentic Asian street food, while giving back to those in need in our area and across the world.
- Contact: Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Wedesnday-Saturday 10AM-2PM; Closed Sunday-Tuesday
- Address: 125 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830
Chances are, students have heard alumni talk about Cheeburger Cheeburger being the place to be. While downtown has experienced many changes throughout the years, this spot remains, bringing back many memories from the good ol’ days.
- Contact: 334.826.0845 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday 11AM-4PM; Tuesday-Sunday 11AM-9PM
- Address: 160 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
2. Happy Hour
Looking to grab a cocktail to celebrate? Here’s a few spots.
The Wittel Rooftop Bar
You can’t miss out on the view from The Collegiate Hotel’s rooftop bar. Grab an AU-BEE margarita—made with local honey from Auburn University’s Bee Lab.
- Contact: 334.821.2646 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4-9:30PM; Friday-Saturday 3-10PM
- Address: 205 S Gay St, Auburn, AL 36830
Sitting on top of Toomer’s Drugs, Avondale is the most sophisticated spot in Auburn and the perfect place to grab a drink and enjoy amazing downtown views.
- Contact: 334.329.7039 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 4PM-2AM; Friday-Saturday 3PM-2AM; Closed Sunday
- Address: 104 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
Piccolo 241 Jazz and Cocktails
Piccolo is Auburn’s only true jazz bar located in the bottom of The Hotel at Auburn University, allowing you to celebrate with live music and a funky atmosphere.
- Contact: 334.844.5140 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4-10PM; Friday-Saturday 4PM-12AM
- Address: 241 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830
3. Auburn Traditions
Probably the most famous Auburn tradition, Toomer’s Drugs represents where the city and campus come together. This is a can’t-miss downtown experience. With souvenirs, ice cream and most importantly their world-famous lemonade, the drugstore on every visitor’s bucket-list.
- Contact: 334.887.3488 Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM; Saturday 10AM-7PM; 12-5PM
- Address: 100 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830
Samford Lawn + The Seal
Legend says if you step on the seal on Samford Lawn, some crazy things may happen—including having seven generations of Alabama fans in your family. Don’t miss the opportunity to stroll through the lawn and see what this tradition is all about.
J&M has served Auburn since 1953, selling souvenirs, books and art for the whole community to enjoy. Don’t leave the city empty-handed.
- Contact: 334.887.7007 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9:30AM-5PM; Saturday 10AM-5PM; Closed Sunday
- Address: 115 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830
War Eagle and happy graduation season, Bama!