Looking for a chilling fright this Halloween? Are the normal Halloween celebrations just not cutting it? No worries! We’ve got you covered with 4 spooky haunted house attractions on the Gulf Coast that are sure to send a shiver down your spine.
1. Terror in the Park
What’s better: getting scared senseless or riding an amusement ride until you can’t see straight? Thanks to OWA, you don’t have to choose.
The Park at OWA has designated three different “scare zones” dedicated to your deepest fears, murderous clowns, and the zombie apocalypse. What’s the best part? These scare zones are socially-distant!
Already a season pass holder for the Park? Bring a friend to your frightful adventure for only 5 bucks.
Admission to Terror in the Park includes access to the all three different scare zones and the amusement rides for a night so fun, it’s scary.
- Terror in the Park: Website | Facebook | Tickets
- When: October 15-31 | Friday 5-10PM | Saturday 6-10PM | Sunday 6-9PM
- Where: The Park at OWA | 1501 South, N OWA Blvd, Foley, AL 36535
- Admission: $24.99
2. The Dark Woods
Take a trip to Robertsdale and see if you can escape the I-10 Slasher.
“Evil witches have resurrected the notorious Farmer Brown… Anyone who dare to enter his haunted forest will never leave the same. If you’re brave enough, come jump on his hayride where you’ll be dropped off in the Dark Woods. The only way back is through the haunted forest where Farmer Brown and his twisted freaks will be waiting!”The Dark Woods Haunted Forest via their website
Parking is located at Sheldon Fireworks and the haunted attraction is directly across the street.
The Dark Woods is a popular attraction. We recommend buying your tickets in advance to cut down on the wait time. Rather buy your ticket at the gate? Admission is cash-only.
- Field of Fright: Website | Facebook | Tickets
- When: All of October | Friday-Saturday 7-11PM
- Where: The Dark Woods Haunted Forest | 27000 Co Rd 64, Robertsdale, AL 36567
- Admission: Adults $20 | 12 and under $15
3. South Bay Nightmare Haunted House
“Zombie Contagion” at South Bay Nightmare Haunted House is hosted by Coastal Response Center and is sure to craft a few bloodcurdling screams.
If you’re wanting to feel extra spooked, make sure to visit their first “Lights Out” haunt this Thursday, where you have to navigate your way in the complete dark.
- Haunted House of Nightmares: Facebook | Website | Tickets
- When: October | Friday-Saturday 7-11PM
- Where: Coastal Response Center | 7385 Hwy 188 Coden, AL, 36523
- Admission: $15
4. Eerie Acres Haunted Trail
Horror fanatics, look no further. The Creative Collective of Talents and Time Inc is hosting Eerie Acres “A Night at the Movies” for those who love slashers, thrillers, and the supernatural.
Unlike the classics IT, Alien, or Halloween something good will actually come from your terrifying experience. The horror doubles as a fundraising event for Ring of Hope and The Environmental Studies Center.
- Eerie Acres: Facebook | Tickets at the gate
- When: October 28-31 | 7:00-10:30PM
- Where: 8005 Morris Hill Rd. Semmes, AL, 36575
- Admission: Adults $10 | 10 and under $5
What are you doing to get spooky this Halloween? Let us know @thebamabuzz