As holiday decorations are popping up over town and the hot chocolate cravings begin, you know the holiday season is right around the corner. It doesn’t get much better than celebrating the holidays in Tuscaloosa with your family and friends. Tuscaloosa is making sure this holiday season is going to be extra special with several fun events planned. Keep reading for more details.
1. All is Bright-Midtown Village Tree lighting- Fri. November 11
The Christmas celebrations begin November 11, and kicking them off is the Midtown Village tree lighting. There will be an appearance of Santa, a DJ playing Christmas carols, a live performance by the Tuscaloosa Community Dancers and plenty of kid friendly activities.
- When: November 11, 2022
- Where: 1800 McFarland Blvd E,Tuscaloosa,AL,United States
2. GobbleCross- Sat. November 20
This one is for all of my lovers of biking and Thanksgiving. Druid City Bicycle Club is hosting their fourth annual GobbleCross. A USA cycling license is required to participate, but you’ll be able to purchase one for $10 on the day of the race. This bicycle race is held in multiple categories and split between women, men and two groups of juniors.
- When: November 20, 2022
- Where: 6025 Watermelon Rd, Northport, AL 35473
3. Santa in the Park- Fri. & Sat. December 2 & 3
Lake Lurleen State Park is hosting their first annual Santa in the park. Enjoy all of the holiday spirit at this event, filled with lights, hot chocolate, popcorn and a visit from Santa this night will be one of your most magical memories. The Admission fee applies.
- When: December 2-3
- Where: 13226 Lake Lurleen Road Northport, AL 35452
4. Tuscaloosa Community Dancers Performance of The Nutcracker– Fri.-Sun. December 8-11th
Tuscaloosa Community Dancer’s (TCD) are performing The Nutcracker once again. This iconic ballet performance is a must see, taking you on an epic journey as Clara battles the ultimate antagonist, the Mouse King. The Nutcracker has been performed by TCD since 1971 and has been a longstanding tradition. Let your holiday spirit soar with this festive family-friendly ballet!
- When: December 9-11
- Where: 600 Greensboro Ave Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
5. Jingle Bar at Hotel Capstone- Throughout December 4PM-12AM
For the month of December, Hotel Capstone’s Legends Bar is transforming into a winter wonderland. The Jingle Bar will be full of excessive Christmas decor, holiday cocktails and plenty of other goodies. This will be open almost all day, so feel free to stop in whenever your heart desires and grab a Santa Clausmapolitan or a Merry Manhattan.
- When: Throughout December
- Where: 320 Paul W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Want more like this? Subscribe to our fun, free, fabulous newsletter for stories like this straight to your inbox.
You must be logged in to post a comment.