Hey all my foodie friends, I hope you’re hungry because we’ve got a guide to five local restaurants you need to try. Keep reading for some of the best eats right here in Tuscaloosa.
1. Depalma’s Italian Cafe
Starting off with one of my personal favorites, Depalma’s in downtown Tuscaloosa will make you feel like you’re on the next flight to Italy. Known for their classic Italian dishes with an innovative twist, whatever you order will not disappoint. They serve on a first come, first serve basis, so get there quickly!
- Address: 2300 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-9PM | Sunday 11AM-4PM | Closed Monday and Tuesday
River is the best spot if you’re looking for something a little more upscale. Serving your favorite southern plates and local craft beer, they have something for everyone. This rustic and stylish restaurant located on the banks of the Black Warrior River offers a meal with a view. Book your reservation now.
- Address: 1650 Jack Warner Pkwy, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 5-9PM | Saturday 10AM-1PM, 5-9PM | Sunday 10AM-1PM | Closed Monday
3. Central Mesa
If margaritas, tacos and all things Mexican are up your ally, this is the place for you. Central Mesa is known for creative Mexican dishes with a global twist and tasty cocktails. Each dish is prepared from scratch with high-quality ingredients to ensure a great taste. Their menu features fish tacos, slow roasted meats and endless tequila options to pair with your meal. I recommend the carne asada birria tacos!
- Address: 519 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM-10PM | Sunday 11AM-3PM
4. Glory Bound Gyro Co.
Nothing beats fast and casual Mediterranean food, so head on over to Glory Bound located right on the strip. Whether grabbing a quick bite to eat or hanging out and watching a sports game, this place has got you covered. Their menu features 13 different types of gyros and plenty of specialty pizzas. They also offer weekly food specials, brunch party discounts and a happy hour from 3-6PM Monday-Friday.
- Address: 1301 University Blvd Tuscaloosa, AL, 35401
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11AM-10PM | Saturday 10AM-10PM | Sunday 10 AM-9PM
5. Thai Basil & Sushi
Thai Basil and Sushi opened just about a year ago and has been a hit ever since. This sleek and modern restaurant offers a wide variety of authentic Thai dishes including a hearty sushi menu. Your tastebuds will not be disappointed, from great flavor to fresh ingredients, it doesn’t get much better. In the mood for sushi? I recommend the volcano roll.
- Address: 1402 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11AM–2PM, 4–9PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM–2PM, 4–9:30PM
There are so many yummy places to eat in and around Tuscaloosa. Have you tried any of these spots? Let us know @thebamabuzz!