Outdoor dining is a springtime staple across Alabama. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite spots in Tuscaloosa to sit back, enjoy the sunshine and grab a delicious meal. Read on for more.
Located on the banks of the Black Warrior River, the beautiful photo above will be your beautiful view while dining. You’ll be greeted by a friendly and attentive staff, a rustic, yet chic interior and a menu featuring classic Southern dishes like shrimp and grits and Alabama catfish.
- Address: 1650 Jack Warner Pkwy, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday, 5-9PM | Friday 5-9:30PM | Saturday 10AM-1PM, 5-9:30PM | Sunday 10AM-1:30PM | Closed Monday
2. Avenue Pub
Established in 2014, Avenue Pub relocated to a larger space in the heart of Downtown Tuscaloosa on University Boulevard. With an industrial yet modern vibe, Avenue Pub offers patio and balcony seating and a menu full of pub classics, craft beers and fresh cocktails.
- Address: 2230 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday, 11AM-10PM
3. FIVE Bar
FIVE Bar has been a dining staple in Tuscaloosa since it opened. With locally-sourced ingredients that are always fresh, every meal is made from scratch. The menu offers five wines, five dinners and five signature cocktails—no wonder it’s named FIVE.
- Address: 2324 6th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11 AM–2 PM, 5–10 PM | Friday 11 AM–2 PM, 5–11 PM | Saturday 10 AM–3 PM, 5–11 PM | Sunday 10 AM–3 PM, 5–10 PM
4. Rama Jama’s
In the shadow of The University of Alabama’s Football stadium, Rama Jama’s outdoor picnic benches and two-for-one mimosas have been a warm weather must. This all-day breakfast restaurant has something for everyone making it the perfect place to go with friends. On top of the regular hours, Rama Jama’s offers a crawfish boil and $5 Miller Lites every Thursday from 5-9PM.
- Address: 1000 Paul W Bryant Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 7 AM–4 PM | Sunday 9AM-2PM
5. The Lookout Rooftop
Looking for dinner with a view? Check out The Lookout Bar on top of the Indigo Hotel. With a seasonal, locally-inspired menu and gorgeous views of Downtown Tuscaloosa, there’s no better place to enjoy fresh air and tasty drinks. This place is a must-visit for locals and tourists alike. The rooftop takes reservations, so book early to catch the sunset.
- Address: 111 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 5–10 PM | Friday-Saturday, 5-11PM | Closed Sunday
Stay up to date with the latest in Alabama—sign up for our FREE newsletter and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn + Instagram.
You must be logged in to post a comment.