Near the beautiful Desoto State Park in northeast Alabama is a quiet little town called Mentone. If you live in northeast Alabama, then you know this town for its location on Lookout Mountain and musical springs. But did you know it has some very unique places to eat? We’ve gathered some of our favorite restaurants in Mentone that you should try.
1. Wildflower Cafe
The iconic Wildflower Café has all types of specials from Mediterranean to Asian-inspired foods. Not only is Wildflower Café a staple for pies, but they also have a little country store that sells artwork, jewelry, soaps and more.
- Facebook | Website
- Hours: Thursday 11AM-2PM | Friday and Saturday 11AM-6:30PM | Sunday 11AM-1:30PM
- Location: 6007 AL-117, Mentone, AL
2. The Hatter Cafe
It’s always tea time at the Hatter Cafe. Come enjoy local foods and an inviting atmosphere at this little wonderland in Mentone. We promise none of the drinks will make you grow or shrink in size like Alice, but it is a magical experience.
You can host your event at Hatter Cafe! Just contact the Hatter Cafe on Facebook
3. Tip Top Bake Shop
Can you tell I have a major sweet tooth? Check out this bake shop for the sweetest treats. They offer coffee, cakes, fudge, pastries, and more. They also sell savory items for those who want something salty.
I got to talk to the owner, Kat, and she loves the butternut-pear soup. It sounds pear-fectly delicious!
- Hours: Thursday and Sunday 11AM-3PM | Friday 11AM-4PM | Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Location: 6081 AL-117, Mentone, AL
4. Elevation Bistro + Catering Co.
Look out for this local-inspired restaurant on Lookout Mountain. Check out their Facebook to stay updated on their menu. Since they’re a farm-to-table restaurant, their menu changes often.
Don’t forget to reserve your seats to experience southern comfort foods and live music.
- Facebook | Website
- Hours: Friday 4:30-8PM | Saturday and Sunday 11:30AM-1:30PM; 4:30-8PM | Monday 4:30-8PM
- Location: 5951 AL-117, Mentone, AL
5. Fontana’s Fontastic Food truck
We’re fond of Fontana’s food truck. When you visit make sure you try their specialty pizzas or their gourmet sandwiches. They also have vegan options—YES. You’ll fall in love with their fontastic food.
- Hours: Check their Facebook for the menu and hours.
- Location: 6139 AL-117, Mentone, AL
Did we miss your fave restaurants in Mentone? Let us know @thebamabuzz.