With the sun out and the Bama heat rising and rising, it’s time to head to our beloved shore. We found five unique experiences for you to do while you’re at the beach in Alabama to make this the best vacation yet. Keep reading to find out how you can have fun under the sun.
1. Sand castle building
Did you know there’s a school just for sand castle building? Yep, you heard that right. If you find yourself on the sandy shores of our great state, make sure you check out Sand Castle University. They already have the pro tools you need, so grab your sunscreen and imagination because we’re ready to see the masterpiece you build.
- Where: Various locations at beaches in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Fort Morgan
- When: Times and dates available online, classes are offered year-round
- Register online for a group for $150-250
- Website | Facebook
Name a better way to see our beautiful shores than parasailing. Get ready to feel a rush while you’re lifted high above the blue waters. We found some of the best places you can do this fun activity the next time you’re at the ocean:
- Blue Sky Parasail and Watersports | Gulf Shores
- Chute Em Up Parasail | Gulf Shores
- Ike’s Parasail | Gulf Shores
- Pleasure Island Parasail | Orange Beach
3. Dolphin cruises
Do you want to see the best of the sea up close? Be sure to ride on a dolphin cruise the next time you’re at the ocean. Seeing these beloved sea mammals in their natural habitat is a special treat you don’t want to miss. Here are some dolphin cruises and tours you can get ready to ride on:
- Back Bay Sailing Adventures | Orange Beach
- Cetacean Cruises | Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
- Dolphin Cruises Aboard the Cold Mil Fleet | Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
- The Fun Boats | Orange Beach
4. Fun + unique Airbnb experiences
Airbnb is so much more than just a website to book a place to stay. Did you know they have experiences you can book too? With fun activities like neon kayaking in the ocean, make sure you check out the unique activities you can do on our shore. We found some of the best Airbnb experiences to do in Alabama this summer:
- Micro shelling and shark tooth hunting | Gulf Shores
- Orange Beach coastal photo walk | Orange Beach
- Private chef in Gulf Shores | Gulf Shores
- Sea View Tours clear neon kayaking | Orange Beach
5. Cook your catch restaurants
Alright, you just caught the biggest fish of your life—it’s time to eat it! Don’t worry about having to cook it for yourself, there are plenty of restaurants on the coast that will make it for you. Head on over to one of these cook your catch restaurants and impress the chef with the size of your catch:
- Cosmo’s Restaurant & Bar | Orange Beach
- Fresh Off the Boat | Orange Beach
- Fisher’s Dockside | Orange Beach
- Mikee’s Seafood | Gulf Shores
No matter which activities you choose to do, we wish you the best time under the sun.
What’s your favorite activity to do at the ocean? Tag us @thebamabuzz to let us know!