It’s Women’s History Month and we’re highlighting five amazing women representing businesses in the Auburn/Opelika community. Let’s dive in.
1. The Well
Probably the most aesthetically pleasing spot in Opelika, The Well not only serves as an authentic tea room but also an outlet for women business owners to present their products. The owner and founder, Allison Kovak, created the space to cultivate relationships and build opportunities for other women to expand their own businesses within the building.
In addition to the tea room, businesses you can find represented at The Well include The Cup and Saucer, Soapelika and local women artists.
- Contact: 323.997.2856 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM
- Address: 824 Ave A, Opelika, AL 36801
2. Lily Jane Boutique
Auburn apparel merchandising alum Sarah Jane Levine created Lily Jane Boutique her sophomore year of college. The boutique carries the trendiest accessories, clothes and more. Lily Jane recently expanded to a larger storefront, and trust us, you won’t leave empty handed.
- Contact: 334.521.7103 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 10AM-6PM, Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Address: 1310 Opelika Road, Auburn, AL 36830
3. Coffee Cat
Madeline Corbeau puts a strong emphasis on supporting local businesses and female creators through Coffee Cat, one of the town’s most popular coffee shops. The shop is extremely community-focused and acts as an inclusive and creative channel for people from all walks of life.
- Contact: 334.744.1953 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-6PM, Saturday-Sunday 9AM-5PM
- Address: 124 Tichenor Ave, Auburn, AL 36830
4. The Flower Bed
You can find The Flower Bed at downtown locations, events or reserve it for special occasions. Lauryn Rodgers is adding joy to everyday life through beautiful floral arrangements, showcasing them on a vintage 1940 Chevy. The bright and lively Flower Bed caters to all and presents locally grown flowers in support of the community.
- Contact: 334.377.1809 I Facebook I Instagram
- Address: Location varies
5. Halo Salon & Blowout Bar
Brittni Culpepper always dreamed of opening her own salon, and that dream has officially become a reality. Settled in the shops at Midtown Auburn, Halo serves as Auburn’s first full-service salon and blowout bar. This is your go-to spot for all things cuts, color, blowouts and more.
- Contact: 334.521.7255 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 9AM-7PM, Friday 9AM-5PM, Saturday 9AM-2PM
- Address: 145 1st Street, Auburn, AL 36830
Celebrate and support these women entrepreneurs by stopping by these businesses today.
Get all the buzz by following us @TheBamaBuzz and subscribing to our Newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.