With all this warm weather happening on the Gulf Coast, local farmers are beginning to kick off their busiest season of the year—market season. Supporting farmers in a post-pandemic world is essential to the success. It’s always great to help our local farmers who give back to the community. Keep reading to learn about what farmers’ markets are closest to you.
1. Coastal Alabama Farmers and Fishermen’s Market
This year-round market provides residents and travelers alike with farm fresh produce, perfect for boosting nutrition in the community. Vendors typically provide locals with a variety of items including fruits and vegetables, seafood, pastry items and more. This market happens each Saturday rain or shine and welcomes all guests.
- Location: 781 Farmers Market Lane, Foley, AL 36535
- Hours: Saturdays | 9:00AM-2:00PM
2. Allegri Farm Market
Homegrown in the heart of Baldwin county, Allegri Farm Market has it all. With a variety of fresh produce, residents can incorporate healthy eating in their lives. This market also offers homemade items such as pickled vegetables, pastries and snacks—Joyce’s cheese straws are a must-try.
- Location: 9948 County Road 64, Daphne, AL 36526
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 8AM-6PM | Sunday, 9AM-5PM
3. Mac’s Fresh Produce
This market is located in Midtown Mobile and is always stocked with a large selection of fresh produce within a reasonable price range. You can also find homemade jams and jellies, which in my opinion are the best part of visiting any market that supports local farmers.
- Location: 3251 Old Shell Rd., Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Monday-Saturday | 7AM-6PM
4. Loxley Farm Market
Whether you’re a local or just passing through on your way to the beach, this market makes the perfect stop. The friendly atmosphere of this produce stand is sure to exceed your expectations and leave you eager to visit again.
- Location: 5201 S Hickory Ln., Loxley, AL 36551
- Hours: Monday & Tuesday, 9AM-3:30PM | Wednesday-Sunday, 9AM-5PM
5. Seasons in the Sun
The 2023 season kicked off last week at Seasons in the Sun. Not only does this unique farmer’s market offer fresh produce daily, but they give back to the community as well. The market offers a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program that allows residents to enroll to receive weekly baskets full of heaven — fruits, vegetables, cheeses, eggs, honey, fresh baked bread and more.
- Location: 13006 Jenkins Pit Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Hours: Monday-Sunday | 8AM-8PM
6. Burris Farm Market
Stop by Burris and grab all the goodies! With a fresh array of produce, home-baked goods, jams and jellies, frozen meat and more, guests get to satisfy all their taste buds.
- Location: 3100 S Hickory St., Loxley, AL 36651
- Hours: Monday-Sunday | 8AM-5:30PM
You must be logged in to post a comment.