Looking for a local spot to find delicious street tacos but not sure where to look? We’ve got you covered. Keep reading for our ultimate guide to finding authentic tacos in Auburn.
1. La Morenita Taqueria & Bar
Offering small margaritas for only $1.99 during happy hour every day from 2-6PM, there’s no excuse to miss out on this spot. Make sure to stop by La Morenita for $1.50 tacos on Tuesdays or bring your friends and try out one of their margarita towers!
- Location: 1460 Opelika Rd, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10:30AM-9PM, Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-10PM
2. Tekila Mexican Bar & Grill
This new spot located downtown has become an instant local favorite. Tekila Mexican Bar & Grill on Magnolia could be your next go-to for margs and tacos galore.
- Location: 234 W Magnolia Ave Suite C, Auburn, AL 36830
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 11AM-9PM, Thursday 11AM-9:30PM, Friday 11AM-10PM, Saturday 10:30AM-10PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
3. Mi Poblanita Supermarket
Time for a big grocery trip? This supermarket and restaurant combo will be your new favorite spot. Mi Poblanita Supermarket on Opelika road serves all kinds of classics from savory tamales to warm sopas, and make sure to stop by on the weekend to try their authentic barbacoa and carnitas tacos.
4. El Taco Veloz
Taco Tuesday, anyone? This Opelika taco spot has the best deals in town, serving beef or chicken tacos for only $1 on Tuesdays. From paella to carne asada, check out their full menu for a list of all of El Taco Veloz’s homemade specials.
5. Taqueria Y Carniceria Plaza
This taqueria and supermarket on South College serves up authentic street tacos every day. Whether you prefer classic asada and pastor tacos or want to try out their lengua (beef tongue) and tripe, you’re gonna want to add this one to your list.
- Location: 1627 S College St Auburn, AL 36832
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday 11AM-9PM, Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM
6. Taqueria Durango
Tortas, quesadillas, sopes, burritos and even brunch, this place does it all. Taqueria Durango serves up authentic and delicious street tacos every day, and for less than $3 each, we can’t stop coming back for more.