Father’s Day is coming up on Sunday, June 18 and now is the time to start planning a fun excursion for you and your dad or father figure in your life. Read on for unique ideas across the state.
1. Take him out to a ballgame
There’s nothing like watching America’s favorite pastime with your pops. Grab your cracker jacks and hot dogs and catch one of these Father’s Day weekend home games:
Birmingham Barons vs. Tennessee
Sunday, June 18 is Family Day at Regions Field—kids 12 and under will have the chance to run the bases after the game.
- Where: Regions Field, 1401 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- When: Sunday, June 18 | 6:30PM
- Buy Tickets
Montgomery Biscuits vs. Biloxi Shuckers
Arrive early and score a free Biscuits-branded pint glass. Plus, you can bring your pup along, play a game of catch on-field before the game and kids can run the bases after the game.
- Where: Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium, 200 Coosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104
- When: Sunday, June 18 | 3:33PM
- Buy Tickets
2. Swing at a fun golf experience
One thing about Dads—most of them love a good game of golf. These fun golf experiences have something for everybody, regardless of how good your swing is.
- Birmingham: 1111 24th St N, Birmingham, AL 35234
- Huntsville: 6100 Top Golf Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
Tee Time Golf Studios Opelika
X Golf Huntsville
Fairways Indoor Golf Club—Spanish Fort
3. Zoom on go karts
Catch a thrill and feel the wind in your hair when you zoom at great speeds at these go-kart tracks.
Autobahn Indoor Speedway—Birmingham
The Track—Gulf Shores
Sonny’s Family Fun Center—Jasper
4. Rent a boat and hit the water
Don’t have a boat of your own? No need to miss out on a fun day on the lake. From fishing boats to pontoons for the whole family, rent a boat and hit the water.
Town Creek Fishing Center
River’s Edge Marina
Squirrel’s Boat Rental
Duskin Point Marina
Coosa Island Marina
5. Attend a concert
For all the music lovers out there, take your father to a concert you can share memories of for years to come.
James Taylor at Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
Frank Fletcher Band at The Hangout
- Location: 101 E Beach Blvd, Gulf Shores, AL 36542
- Free | 6-10PM
The Beths at Saturn
Early James at Callaghan’s Irish Social Club
6. Take a cool tour
Go behind the scenes with a track tour at Talladega Superspeedway, perfect for any NASCAR lover.
Ozan Winery & Vineyard
Sip on a glass of vino while you explore a relaxed Alabama winery and vineyard.
Go below the surface and see stunning rock formations at Cathedral Caverns.
7. Go axe throwing
Challenge your family and try your hand at axe hurling. Just make sure to keep your aim on the target.
Civil Axe Throwing
- Montgomery: The Kress Building, 39 Dexter Ave, Montgomery, AL 36104
- Huntsville: 2620 Clinton Ave W, Ste B, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Birmingham: 3004 4th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Decatur: 209 2nd Ave SE C, Decatur, AL 35601
How are you spending Father’s Day in Alabama this year? Tag us @thebamabuzz and let us know.