It’s that time of year again, the holiday season has officially started along the Gulf Coast. If you’re looking for some events to fill your calendar with this November, look no further. With markets, tree lighting ceremonies and more, there is bound to be something for everybody. Continue reading if you want the inside scoop on what’s going down in Mobile.
1. 39th Annual Mobile International Festival
The Mobile International Festival features a wide variety of culture that is fun for you and your family. With food from 30 countries and live entertainment, you can get a taste of a little bit of everything during your visit. There will be cultural exhibits with shops and souvenirs perfect for your loved ones this holiday season.
- When: Saturday, November 19, 10 AM – 4 PM
- Where: 1035 Cody Rd N, Mobile, AL 36608 – Greater Gulf State Fairgrounds
- Price: Adults: $12.00 | Age 12 and under – FREE | Seniors – 10.00 | Students – $5.00
- Buy tickets | Website
2. Tree Lighting Ceremony at OWA
Kickstart your holiday cheer by attending the tree lighting ceremony at OWA Parks & Resort. With many events leading up to the tree lighting such as holiday music and a holiday-themed dance routine, you’ll be feeling holly and jolly instantly. The lighting of the tree will be followed by Christmas themed fireworks, snowfall in Downtown OWA and even a photo opportunity with Santa.
- When: Saturday, November 19, 5 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where: 101-N South OWA Blvd. Foley, AL 36535 – OWA
- Price: Free to attend in Downtown OWA
3. Chocolate & Cheese Festival
The annual Chocolate & Cheese festival is coming to Foley! With live music and vendors featuring chocolate, cheese and other menu items, come out to experience the greatest chocolatiers and cheeses. There will be fun for kids with pony rides, a petting zoo along and a kids zone. Be sure to stop by and participate in one of the free contests for a chance to win $50 and end the night with the Elton John experience with Elton Live.
- When: Saturday, November 12, 10 AM – 7 PM
- Where: 200 N McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535 – Heritage Park Downtown Foley
- Price: $5 entry | Kids 12 and under free
- Buy Tickets | Website
4. Taylor Swift Night
Are you enjoying Taylor Swift’s new album as much as I am? If so, Soul Kitchen will definitely be the place for you this November if so. Come rock out with friends and fellow swifties as you get the full Taylor Swift experience. This fun-filled night will have you dancing the night away and mingling with some of the best die-hard fans – an opportunity you will not want to miss.
- When: Friday, November 11, 9 PM
- Where: 219 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602 – Soul Kitchen
- Price: $20 general admission | $35 seated side rise
- Buy tickets | Facebook
5. Midtown Marketplace
Join the Spring Hill Avenue United Methodist Church for their first annual Midtown Marketplace. With over 30 vendors and artisan booths, this event is perfect to start your holiday shopping. Don’t worry if all that shopping stirs up an appetite, this market has it all. There will be authentic gumbo and pulled pork for sale at your convenience.
- When: Saturday, November 5, 8 AM – 4 PM
- Where: 2519 Springhill Avenue Mobile, AL, US 36607 – Spring Hill Avenue United Methodist Church
- Price: Free admission to all
6. Mobile Bay Makers Market
Visit authentic local artists and farmers that have come to sell and display their products along the Gulf Coast. This market happens every other weekend and is a free to attend. Enjoy the fresh air and beautiful weather as you browse these great local finds.
- When: Sunday November 6 & November 20, 11 AM – 4 PM
- Where: 1 Beach Dr, Fairhope, AL 36532 – Fairhope Pier
- Price: Free to all
Wanna stay in the know about what’s buzzing in Mobile? Be sure to sign up for our FREE newsletter for more stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.