The Alabama Music Hall of Fame has announced this week six new inductees including a UAB professor of music, a popular bluegrass trio, and influential songwriters in country and pop/rock music genres.
The induction ceremony will be the first since the pandemic.
The 2023 inductees
Six Alabama musicians will be honored at the ceremony this year. Each artist will have performances of their songs dedicated to the occasion. The list of 2023 musicians include:
- Henry Panion III P.h.D – University of Alabama Birmingham professor of music and award-winning producer, composer, arranger, orchestrator, and conductor
- Earl “Peanutt” Montgomery – singer, songwriter, and musician
- Three on a String – Birmingham-based bluegrass trio band
- Jeanne Pruett – country singer and songwriter
- Jim McBride – country music songwriter
- Leblanc & Carr. – 70’s music era pop/rock duo
Below are some videos of the inductees
What it takes to be inducted
The Alabama Music Hall of Fame is dedicated to honoring all styles of music along with the preservation and celebration of Alabama musicians. Induction into the hall of fame is reserved for influential Alabama musicians who have been in the industry for over 25 years and have had an international impact on music. The museum, located in Tuscumbia, Alabama, was created to honor and showcase these talented individuals and their accomplishments.
Induction ceremony details
The 2023 induction ceremony will be held at the Marriott Shoals Conference Center in Florence, Alabama on March 23, 2023. The event starts at 7pm and tickets are now on sale.
Will you be going to the Alabama Hall of Fame induction ceremony? Tag us @TheBamaBuzz and let us know!
You must be logged in to post a comment.