Construction is starting soon on a state-of-the-art theatre in Huntsville’s new MidCity District. Once complete, the new Touchstar Cinemas location will feature Alabama’s largest movie screen—and that’s not all. Keep reading for all the details.
Meet Alabama’s Biggest Movie Screen
On Monday, May 3rd, Touchstar Cinemas Madison Square 12 in Huntsville closed their doors to make room for construction on their state-of-the-art, luxury new location in the exciting MidCity District development. Since 2001, Touchstar Cinemas had been a beloved part of the now-closed Madison Square Mall, a large enclosed shopping mall that served Huntsville residents from 1984 to 2017.
Touchstar Cinemas survived the closing & demolition of Madison Square Mall, thanks to a change.org petition that garnered over 1,000 signatures in 24 hours. As part of the exciting MidCity District development, the theatre’s new location will include a ton of incredible perks, such as:
- Alabama’s largest movie screen (a title that is currently held by the Lakeshore Premiere LUX Cine in Birmingham)
- 50,000 square-feet of theatre space, including 14 sprawling wall-to-wall screens
- 4K laser projectors, with 3D capabilities, Dolby Atmos & DTX immersive sound
- In-theater dining
- 21+ VIP Suites, with heated, reclining seats, a privacy enclosure, private lounge AND access to a full-service bar
A New Cinema at the MidCity District
The upcoming Touchstar Cinema is just one part of the massive, $1 billion+ (yes, that’s billion with a “b”) MidCity District development in Huntsville. Built on the former site of the Madison Square Mall, the MidCity District has been cited as one of the 12 largest commercial real estate projects in the nation by National Real Estate Investor, and it’s easy to see why.
Once complete, MidCity District will include:
- Upwards of 1,400 residental units in apartment communities, like Metronome at MidCity
- 650 hotel rooms
- 400,000 square-feet of office space + 350,000 square-feet of retail space
- A 40-acre park & functional lake system
- An excting lineup of shops & restaurants, including Huntsville’s first Trader Joe’s
- A TopGolf
- A one-mile bike & running trail, surrounding the lake system
- And much more!
Personally, I can’t wait to see the upcoming Huntsville Amphitheater, a $40M music venue that is set to open in 2022. Click here to learn more about the Huntsville Amphitheater. The project is led by RCP Companies, an Alabama-based real estate company with over 45 years of combined real estate experience.