Good family-owned BBQ in Montgomery AL is hard to come by. Luckily, we did the work for you. Here are three Montgomery BBQ joints you need to try.
1. K&J Rib Shack
Nobody loves a good pulled pork sandwich drowned in BBQ sauce more than me—not to mention a refreshing sweet tea to follow. That’s exactly what you get at K&J Rib Shack.
K&J Rib Shack graced the city of Montgomery in 2004 and has been finger-licking good ever since. This restaurant is the definition of a Southern home-away-from-home home-cooked meal. From their delicious pulled pork, juicy ribs, and BBQ chicken, this place is sure to get a saucy thumbs-up at the dinner table. Be sure to try their Southern side dishes and finish it off with a peach cobbler cup.
- Address: 1041 Perry Hill Rd Montgomery, Alabama 36109
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:30AM-7:30PM & Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-8:00PM (CLOSED on Sundays)
- Catering and RSVP: 334-676-3176
- Check out their full menu!
2. Fatman’s BBQ
Breakfast, lunch and dinner. You name it and Fatman’s Smokehouse BBQ has it! This delicious BBQ joint is the ultimate cheap breakfast or lunch spot. Have breakfast your way by building your own breakfast bowl or sandwich.
Grabbing a lunch plate? Choose from pulled pork, chicken wings, ribs or rib tips. This spot also has sides every Southerner loves: baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, turnip greens, and Mac n’ cheese. Don’t forget to top off your meal with a bowl of banana pudding.
Like their slogan says, “You’ve tried the rest… now come home to the best.”
- Address: 1660 Federal Drive Montgomery, Alabama 36109
- Hours: Monday-Friday 6AM-5PM and Saturday 10AM-2PM (CLOSED on Sundays)
- Contact: 334-538-1766 or 334-396-9501
3. Brenda’s Bar-B-Que Pit
Serving the community since 1942, this family-owned BBQ is exactly what you need when that craving hits. Southerners delight in their pig ears and fried whiting fish. The only thing better than the food is the aura. Brenda’s Bar-B-Que Pit gives a Southern hospitality feel to everyone who visits and a great scent to everyone down the street. Make sure to check out this authentic joint next time you are in Montgomery.
- Address: 1457 Mobile Rd Montgomery, AL 36108
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 10:30AM-7PM & Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-9:00PM (CLOSED Sunday-Monday)
- Contact: 334-262-9349
Nothing says the South like good BBQ and homemade sides. Be sure to check these restaurants out. For more visit us at TheBamaBuzz.com