Want to see Satterfield’s Becky Satterfield show you step by step instructions on how she lovingly makes biscuits for her restaurant and friends? Or how to create the owner of Ashley Mac’s pimento cheese?
You can see all this and more on the latest episode of “How She Rolls”, a PBS program from famed baker, author and entrepreneur Carrie Morey.
Birmingham and Tuscaloosa
In this season’s latest episode Morey—who founded Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit—visits Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
For residents of The Magic City, this program will show familiar views of the downtown like Railroad Park, Forest Park’s Shoppe and the Birmingham Civil Rights National Monument (primarily Kelly Ingram Park).
More than a show about food, Morey sprinkles in stories about Birmingham’s Civil Rights history, entrepreneurship, a book signing and a quick college campus visit with her daughter to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
Here is the lineup of stories:
- Making biscuits with Becky Satterfield
- Interviewing Charles Wood III about Birmingham’s Civil Rights history
- Baking a Hummingbird cake with Hoffman Media’s Brian Hart Hoffman and Ashley McMakin, owner of Ashley Mac’s
- Talking business with Morey’s financial mentor Annie Stanton
- Visiting the University of Alabama campus
- Creating Ashley McMakin’s grandfather pimento cheese
- Holding a book-signing at Ashley Mac’s
When to Watch
Tell us what you thought of “How She Rolls.” Tag us on social media @thebamabuzz with your opinion.