With Mardi Gras quickly approaching, it’s finally time to start preparing for the tastiest part of the celebrations: purchasing king cake. Not sure where to start? We’ve rounded up eight places for you to find the perfect king cake in Mobile to keep all to yourself or share with others.
1. Pollman’s Bake Shop
Pollman’s Bake Shop is well known in Mobile for its high-quality, traditional king cakes. If you’re looking to support a local business and snag a Mardi Gras classic, Pollman’s Bake Shop may be the perfect choice for you.
- Pollman’s Bake Shop: Website | Facebook | (251) 438-1511
- Location: Midtown | Downtown | Springhill
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 7:30AM-5:30PM
- Price: $3.99 mini | $16.99 small | $18.99 large
2. Sugar Rush Donut Company
Year-round king cake? Yes, please! Sugar Rush Donut Company offers both king cake and king cake inspired treats to satisfy your sweet tooth the Mardi Gras way, even if Mardi Gras has ended.
Orders can be made by phone or in person.
- Sugar Rush Donut Company: Website | Facebook | (251) 447-2991
- Location: 4701 Airport Blvd. Suite 250 Mobile, AL, 36608
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 6AM-2PM | Sunday & Saturday 7AM-2PM
- Price: $24.99 regular | $32.99 filled
3. Bread By Beck
Rebecca Wattier worked for the Atlanta Bread Company for 14 years before starting Bread by Beck as a way to pay off her medical debt and do something with her free time.
Wattier requires orders to be made at least 24 hours in advance over Facebook. Though she doesn’t currently have a storefront, she allows clients to pick up their orders from her home in midtown and will deliver for an additional $10 fee.
- Bread By Beck: Facebook
- Price: $4 slice | $10 mini | $22 whole
4. Rouses Markets
Don’t have time to stop by a bakery? You can easily find a delicious king cake while you shop for groceries.
- Rouses Markets: Website
- Location: Find a store near you
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday 7AM-10PM
- Price: $38.99-$50.99
5. Bake My Day
Bake My Day’s king cake is perfect for the ones who love Mardi Gras, but also love modernizing traditions. Their king cake is individually portioned, much like cupcakes.
Bake My Day begins selling king cake on February 1st. Pre-orders are available with a minimum requirement of a half dozen cakes and 48-hours advanced notice. Call or message on Facebook to order your own. In a pinch? They also sell king cake daily during Mardi Gras season at their store.
- Bake My Day: Website | Facebook | (251) 219-7261
- Location: 156-A N McGregor Ave, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 11AM-4PM | Thursday-Friday 11PM-5PM
- Price: $4.50 each | $27 per half dozen | $49.50 per dozen
6. Flour Girls Bakery
Providing the king cake for a gigantic party? Look no further than Flour Girls Bakery. Their large king cake provides over 35 servings so you can make sure that your king cake is both the biggest object and biggest hit at your next Mardi Gras celebration. Want to spice things up? Try their king cake inspired cheesecake.
- Flour Girls Bakery: Facebook | (251) 634-2285
- Location: 809 Hillcrest Road Mobile, AL, 36695
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Price: $22 small | $38.50 medium | $55 large | $49.50 cheesecake
7. Guncles Gluten Free
Do you ever wish your favorite Mardi Gras treat had a bigger variety of flavors? Guncles Gluten Free has you covered. They offer a choice of three flavors: cinnamon, blueberry-lemon and strawberry-cream cheese.
- Guncles Gluten Free: Website | Facebook | (251) 800-1348
- Location: 1252 Government Street Mobile, AL, 36604
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 8AM-3PM
- Price: $49.98
8. Dropout Bakery & Company
Dropout Bakery & Company is another great option for trying new flavors of king cake. The bakery offers four different flavors: brown butter cream cheese, pecan praline, Raspberry Lemon and, finally, PB&J. Looking for a small portion? Try their cakelet size.