Huntsville foodies will have a new spot to try soon! Get ready to welcome Superhero Chefs.
Celebrity Chef Darnell “SuperChef” Ferguson will be opening Alabama’s second Superhero Chefs location at 930 Old Monrovia Rd NW in Huntsville within the next several weeks. Ferguson, who hails from Ohio but now lives in Alabama, has appeared on several cooking shows, including:
- Beat Bobby Flay
- Cheap Eats
- Food Network’s Ultimate Thanksgiving Challenge
- Guy Fieri’s Tournament of Champions
- Guy’s Grocery Games
- And more
Jaelin Kinnaird, Vice President of Operations for Superhero Chefs, said bringing the restaurant to Huntsville was a “no-brainer,” especially after seeing the success of the restaurant’s location in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
Superhero Chefs Express
Huntsville locals have had an opportunity to get a taste of Superhero Chefs at the Camp in MidCity since December 2020, when a Superhero Chefs Express food truck took up residence there. The food truck is now closed, but will be reopening at a new location later this year, according to Superhero Chefs Express on Instagram.
The menu at Superhero Chefs is breakfast- and brunch-focused, but several lunch and dinner selections are available as well.
- Breakfast Nachos: complete with mornay sauce, scrambled eggs, house-made sausage and pico de gallo
- Red Velvet Pancakes: topped with cream cheese whipped cream for the complete red velvet experience
- Banana Pudding Granola Encrusted French Toast: Need we say more?
- Spiderman Quesadilla: filled with pulled pork, “a web of caramelized onions,” cheese and mango barbecue sauce
- Iron Man Salad: a combo of strawberries, quinoa, a 5-minute egg, roasted carrots, onions, “candy’d” pecans, feta and balsamic vinaigrette
The official opening date has not been decided yet, but Kinnaird said they are hoping to be open within the next several weeks. Anyone interested in attending the soft opening can reserve a spot online, and Kinnaird suggested following the restaurant’s official Instagram page for more updates.