If you’re wondering what’s new in Huntsville, we’ve got three openings for you to check out. One is open now, one’s coming this week and one is coming down the road. Keep reading for all the deets.
1. Open now—Studio House in Owens Cross Roads
Studio House has only been open for three weeks, but is already a popular place to shop for home furniture and decor. Because the owner works during the week to find and restore new pieces, you’ll always find something new. Inside a 101-year-old house, you’ll find flipped and refurbished items for your home. You’ll also find items from local vendors.
Looking to make something personalized? Studio House also hosts holiday-themed monthly craft classes. Socializing and making something special for your own home? Sign me up.
- Where: 244 Wilson Mann Road, Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
- When: Thursday & Friday 10AM-6PM, Saturday 10AM-5PM
2. Opening this week—Buff City Soap in Huntsville
Have you ever been to Buff City? I could easily spend a rainy afternoon smelling each of their unique scents.
To entice people to come out for opening weekend, Buff City has a few specials:
- Thursday, August 26-Sunday, August 29
- 15% off your purchase,
- 25% off your purchase of $100+
- Buy one, get one 50% off laundry soap
- If you’re one of the first 50 people in the store, you’ll get free soap for a year.
Here are the opening day details:
- Where: 5000 Whitesburg Drive, Suite 160, Huntsville, AL 35802
- When: Thursday, August 26 at 9AM
3. Opening soon—Blue Oak BBQ in MidCity
Is it too early to make lunch plans for summer of 2022? I hope not, because Huntsville is welcoming Blue Oak BBQ’s second-ever location and the first outside of Louisiana. Haven’t heard of Blue Oak BBQ? The Today Show voted them as having the best wings in New Orleans and best fried chicken in America.
When they come here, expect a great atmosphere, fantastic music and a tasty menu. You’ll be able to check out the spicy chicken sandwich, the brisket Philly sandwich and the garlic macaroni and cheese. Yum!
- Where: 5909 NW University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806
- When: Summer 2022