When you’re trying to get to Indy for the College Football National Playoff Championship, the last thing you want to deal with is running around in a crowded airport to change planes. Enter Delta (the airline, not the variant), with two new one-time nonstop flights that will get Bama fans to Indianapolis and back again. Keep reading for all the details.
The big game
- Who’s playing: Alabama + Georgia
- What for: the college football national championship
- Where: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
- When: Monday, January 10
The new Delta flights to Indianapolis
- Who’s offering: Delta Airlines
- What: onetime, non-stop flights
- Where: from Birmingham and Huntsville to the Indianapolis International Airport (IND) and back
- When: Saturday, January 8, returning Tuesday, January 11
This schedule gives fans plenty of time for pre-game festivities over the weekend.
You’ll have to act fast before they’re gone
Unfortunately, when I checked delta.com, it looks like the regular seats for BHM to IND are sold out, but if you act fast, you can get a Comfort + ticket for $1790 or a First Class ticket for $2301.
It looks like HSV to IND seats are mostly sold out as well, with a couple of higher-fare outbound options but only one main cabin return seat.
Now tell us, Alabama, are you headed up to Indy for the big game? How are you planning to get there?