On Saturday, January 29, get ready for an event full of art, music and fun activities for the whole family. OWA’s second annual Arts & Crafts Festival features local art and handcrafted goods from over 100 vendors all set up throughout OWA’s beautiful entertainment district. Read on to find out more about this exciting celebration in Foley.
Details on the event
The OWA Arts & Crafts Festival is back for a day of art, live music, crafts, dance and more. While you meet local artists and shop unique pieces, you’ll hear music courtesy of B Street Benny on stage at the OWA Island Amphitheater. The band’s New Orleans pop sound will be broadcast downtown, followed by more live music from the Jenna McClelland band.
Bring the kiddos and they’ll love the giant inflatables, scavenger hunt and kid’s crafts. There will also be a fun performance featuring traditional Tribal dances.
- Location: 100 N OWA Blvd, Foley, AL 36535
- Date: Satrday, Jan. 29 I Noon-6PM
- Cost: FREE
- Website I Facebook I Instagram
The featured artists
While the fun activities are worth your while, the main event is, of course, the art. Explore thousands of original pieces from over a hundred local artists and creators. There will be everything from paintings and jewelry to photography, all available for purchase. Here’s a look at some of the vendors and their products:
- Bertagnolli Creative—woodburning, acrylics and watercolors
- Beach Chic Clay—polymer clay jewelry.
- Southern Home & Art—metal sculptures and fountains
- Etten J & Co Photography—photos + custom buttons, pins and jewelry
- Full Circle Designs—printed door hangers
- Wildflower Wish Co. LLC—handmade bath products
What to eat
As you peruse the many booths full of incredible art, you’re sure to get hungry. Thankfully, Downtown OWA is home to a variety of cuisines with everything from Japanese to French to Southern. Grab a bite to eat for lunch or dinner at one of the local eateries for a sit-down experience or enjoy a quick Taste of OWA at their on-site food truck.