Tuscaloosa, there’s a brand new elevated dining experience waiting for you at Forté: Cuts & Cocktails. Located within The Alamite Hotel, it boasts a French Brasserie-meets-Steakhouse-inspired menu in a sophisticated setting. Read on for all the details.
A cut above
Steak lovers, rejoice. Forté has officially opened their doors in Tuscaloosa. Atlanta-based James Beard-nominated restaurant consulting firm Concentrics Restaurants conceptualized the new spot, so you know you’re in for a treat.
Los Angeles-based interior design team Avenue Interior Design made sure every detail was taken care of, with an all-day bar, a thoughtfully designed dining room, an open kitchen with a Chef’s table for eight and an outdoor patio.
Forté is under the direction of Executive Chef Jacob Stull, whose most recent positions include chef/owner at Alchemy (formerly Kasvu), a high-end tasting menu restaurant in Birmingham and chef de partie at iconic New Orleans restaurant Brennan’s.
With French heritage himself, Stull is the perfect fit for this elevated dining experience.
What’s on the menu?
Ready to dig in? I don’t blame you. At Forté, you’ll find classic French brasserie dishes with a modern touch and locally-sourced seasonal ingredients. Here’s a taste of the menu:
- Bouillabaisse with Gulf shrimp, little neck clams, Prince Edward Island mussels, crispy country ham and Louisiana blue crab
- Rotisserie Mallard Duck Breast for two with caramelized honey, valencia orange, baby bettrs and sunchokes
- Coq Au Vin with baby leeks, Broadbent bacon and white beech mushrooms
- An Omelette available all day with grueyere cheese topped with blue crab and salmon roe
- House dry-aged steaks including a 32-ounce bone-in rib-eye, 14-ounce bone-in new york strip and a 12-ounce filet mignon
Enjoy these decadent dishes and more, all paired alongside a thoughtful wine list and an upscale bar program.
There’s more in store
Forté isn’t Jacob Stull’s only new dining experience in town. Opening later this month within The Alamite is Roll Call, a more casual dining and drinking experience in a plush setting with an inviting indoor/outdoor rooftop atmosphere.
The shareable small plates menu boasts fresh sushi, woodfired pizzas, sliders and more, while the beverage program offers craft cocktails, local and craft beer and artisanal wines by the glass. Count me in.
“I’m excited and honored to bring these two culinary concepts to residents and guests of Tuscaloosa, and beyond. Alabama is my home and there’s something really special here – I want to help showcase that.”Jacob Stull, Executive Chef, Forté + Roll Call
Make your next breakfast, lunch or dinner plans at Forté: Cuts & Cocktails.
- Location: The Alamite hotel, 2321 6th St, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Daily | Breakfast, 6-10AM; Lunch, 11AM-2PM; Dinner, 5-10PM
Stay up to date on what’s happening around Alabama—follow The Bama Buzz on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok + LinkedIn.
You must be logged in to post a comment.