Have you ever wondered where the most expensive homes are in Alabama? You’ve come to the right place! Stacker recently compiled a list answering this very question, we were intrigued. Read on as we break down the the list revealed.
To create a list of cities with the most expensive homes in Alabama, Stacker used data from Zillow. All homes were ranked via the Zillow Home Values Index as of September 2022.
Though Alabama has over 500 cities, this specific list features only the top 30.
The most expensive city in Alabama
Hurry and lock in your best guess—it’s time to reveal which Alabama city has the most expensive houses. Drum roll, please…
Claiming the #1 spot is the city of Mountain Brook.
Part of the Birmingham-Hoover metro area, here are the numbers to know:
- Typical home value: $937,098
- 1-year price change: +13.6%
- 5-year price change: +45.8%
The top five
Now that you know where the most expensive houses can be found in the state, let’s see other cities that made the list. We’ll round out the rest of the top five first.
- Typical home value: $754,926
- 1-year price change: +19.4%
- 5-year price change: +63.1%
- Metro area: Alexander City, AL
3. Orange Beach
- Typical home value: $702,118
- 1-year price change: +23.4%
- 5-year price change: +155.1%
- Metro area: Daphne-Fairhope-Foley, AL
4. Vestavia Hills
- Typical home value: $520,893
- 1-year price change: +12.4%
- 5-year price change: +41.1%
5. Indian Springs Village
- Typical home value: $509,987
- 1-year price change: +13.2%
- 5-year price change: +50.8%
- Metro area: Birmingham-Hoover, AL
Want more? To find out the rest of the top 30 Alabama cities with the most expensive houses, view the full list.
What do you think, Alabama? Are you surprised by the list or is it what you expected?
For more buzzy news, follow the Bama Buzz on Facebook + Instagram and sign up for our FREE newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.