Although grief is an inevitable part of life, it is a terribly hard thing to experience and deal with — especially for children. For children and their families struggling with grief, resources like The Healing Place are there to provide hope. Keep reading to learn exactly what makes The Healing Place so special.
How The Healing Place can help
“Our mission is to offer support to grieving children and families in an atmosphere of trust and acceptance in order to promote a sense of well-being and productivity in our participants.”The Healing Place
The Healing Place is a non-profit organization that acts as a safe space to those who are grieving the death of a loved one. The organization provides a helping hand to those in need who simply desire support, guidance and a comfortable atmosphere to process and share their thoughts.
The Healing Place organizes various events and programs, such as movie nights, open houses and support programs. Some of those programs include:
- Healing Hearts Day Camp — a day camp for children ages 4-14 to attend once a year in April. Each child will be paired with a mentor for the day, & will enjoy music, games and crafts
- Healing Hearts School-Based Program — Children in the Muscle Shoals, Lauderdale County, Colbert County, Franklin County, Florence City, Tuscumbia City, Russellville City and Sheffield City school districts are eligible to be referred to The Healing Places’ grief support services. This support group is held on a monthly basis.
- Healing Hearts In-Facility Program — a support group held every week for children ages 4-19.
Here’s a testimonial to show how worthwhile the programs are to those who attend:
“I like coming to The Healing Place because it is the only place I can talk about my dad.”Boy, 6, after death of father
You can help, too
Given that The Healing Place’s main mission is to provide relief to those in need, all services offered are free of charge for each participant. If you would like to support the organization and those who rely on their affectionate acts, donate here. You can commit to a monthly gift, sponsor special events, or even donate much needed supplies. There’s no certain amount, so your donation counts! Help make all the difference, even if it impacts just one child.
The Healing Place
- Location: 2409 Wildwood Street, Muscle Shoals, AL
- Phone : (256) 383 – 7133
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : https://www.thehealingplaceinfo.org/
Are there any other Non-Profit organizations in The Shoals we should cover? Let us know @thebamabuzz.