Housing Solutions Workshop
It’s no secret that Huntsville is continuously growing, expanding and welcoming in new community members. How does the city handle the influx of growth and development? Thanks to the Housing Solutions Workshop, the City of Huntsville will have some help.
The Housing Solutions Workshop helps to develop small and midsize communities by implementing local housing strategies. It hopes to bring new ideas and opportunities to the cities and counties selected. It also aims to improve approaches to affordability. What could be better?
The Workshop is held October 25-November 18
The Housing Solutions Workshop is a four-week seminar (via Zoom, of course). What will they be working on, you ask? Here is the list, according to Local Housing Solutions:
- Share their current local housing challenges and policies
- Participate in small group discussions to share ideas for how to optimize each agency’s policy toolkit
- Identify options for strengthening local housing strategies and improving coordination across departments/agencies
- Learn about ways to use data to assess housing needs and track progress
- Learn ways to engage the community to address housing challenges and advance equity
Selected cities + counties
Huntsville and the other selected locations applied through a written submission and interviews. They were then selected by the NYU Furman Center’s Housing Solutions Lab, Abt Associates and Lincoln Institute of Land Policy.
Let’s take a look at the other selections:
- Bethlehem, PA
- Gallatin County, MT
- Kalamazoo County, MI
- Pasco, WA
Huntsville, what do you think of the Housing Solutions Workshop? Tag us @thebamabuzz and let us know.