College football is back! I’ll be traveling to cheer on my alma mater but I couldn’t leave my fellow football fans without suggestions for where to catch this weekend’s games. Check out one of these Huntsville sports bars for kickoff weekend. Keep reading for the details.
1. Baumhower’s Victory Grille
Baumhower’s is a favorite across the state of Alabama. One step inside and it’ll feel like game day, even if it isn’t. This sports bar will have all the games on and is a great place to get to know other fans.
- Where: 2309 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Friday and Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday-Thursday 11AM-10PM
- Call ahead: (256) 881-8878
2. The 19th Hole Sports Lounge
Throw on a jersey or your lucky game day shirt if you’ve got one. The more decked out, the better!
- Where: 10013 Memorial Pkwy SW B, Huntsville, AL 35803
- Hours: Friday and Saturday 11AM-2AM, Sunday-Thursday 11AM-12AM
- Call ahead: (256) 270-9919
3. The End Zone
What’s your game day drink of choice, beers or cocktails? Why not both? The End Zone is serving up drinks and they are not only delicious, but refreshing.
- Where: 1851 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Friday-Sunday 11:30AM-2AM, Monday-Thursday 2PM-2AM
- Call ahead: (256) 715-1375
Drake’s has multiple bars for you to check out. If the weather is nice, you can spend your game day on the porch.
- Where: 4800 Whitesburg SE Suite 14, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 11AM-1AM, Sunday 11AM-12AM
- Call ahead: (256) 517-8588
5. The Brickhouse Sports Café
Brickhouse promises the best seat in the house to watch your team play, so take them up on their offer. After a look at the menu, I can assure you, you won’t regret it.
- Where: 7 Town Center Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 11AM-10PM
- Call ahead: (256) 585-1599
For our football fans in Auburn, here’s how to get the most out of your kickoff weekend.
How are you spending the first game day of the season? Show us by tagging @thebamabuzz.