Get ready to celebrate! Mardi Gras in Auburn brings some of the best times of the year—from the fun parade to the festive sweets. Keep reading for five ways to celebrate the season in Auburn.
1. Auburn Mardi Gras Parade
The Annual Mardi Gras Parade is one of my favorite times to be in downtown Auburn. Bring the whole family to eat, shop and enjoy this year’s parade, dubbed Lights, Camera, Action…Krewe de Tigris Goes to the Movies!”
The parade will include floats, marching bands, organizations, families and more. Don’t miss the Krewe de Tigris’s newest King and Queen.
- When: February 18 | 3PM
- Where: The parade will begin at Thach Avenue and South College Street, travel east on Thach to Gay Street, north to Tichenor Avenue, west to College and south back to Tichenor.
2. Krewe Krawl
In conjunction with the parade, the Auburn Downtown Merchants Association will be hosting the “Krewe Krawl” in downtown Auburn.
Guests who purchase a wristband (sold in select downtown stores) for this event can enjoy special discounts at various boutiques and bars all day long. All proceeds benefit the Downtown Merchants Association to fund future events.
- When: February 23 | 10AM
- Where: Downtown Auburn
- An entertainment district will be in effect 11AM-6PM
3. King Cakes and seasonal treats
You can’t have a Mardi Gras celebration without a King Cake! Here are a few places where you can find one in Auburn:
- Well Red
- Kroger (Cakes made in house + Gambino’s cakes shipped in from NOLA)
- Jewel Green Baking Company (also selling King Cake pops, King Cake donuts and Mardi Gras cupcakes)
More Mardi Gras themed sweets:
- Mo’Bay Beignet‘s classic beignets with Mardi Gras syrup
- Ross House Coffee’s King Cake and Moon Pie lattes
4. Mardi Gras at Hey Day
To celebrate Mardi Gras at Hey Day Market, staff will be decked out in Krewe De Tigris themed attire and serving up some King Cake Flavored Gelato and free slices of King Cake. There will also be a giveaway of Hey Day Market gift cards for every person who finds the baby in their King Cake slice.
- When: February 18 | 3PM
- Where: Hey Day Market, 211 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830
- More details coming soon
5. Fat Tuesday at Auburn Plaza
Auburn Plaza is the place to be on Fat Tuesday. There will be a DJ, a parade float and festive specials including:
- King Cake Bushwackers
- King Cake Shots
- A special Mardi Gras Menu with Louisiana dishes
They’ll be handing out prizes for best dressed, so come dressed to impress.
- When: 11AM-10PM
- Where: Auburn Plaza, 800 Main Street, Auburn, AL 36830
Keep up with more events in Auburn and around the state through our Facebook, Instagram and free newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.