What is Good Dog?
Good Dog is opening locations in Birmingham and Auburn this spring, with Huntsville and Tuscaloosa following close behind. Founded by Alabama natives Clint Carmichael, Jeff Hardwick and Bobby Morgan, it’s everything you’d want in a brewery and more. Good Dog is a park and bar extension of Auburn’s Pawms Pet Resort. With a 16,000 square foot, fully-turfed space surrounded by an eight-foot fence, they’re creating a safe space for dogs and the community. Here’s how:
- All dogs are required to show updated vaccinations (DHLPP, Bordetella, & Rabies) before entering park
- Dog-trained Bark Rangers politely monitor the park to keep it safe and clean
- Only your dog children are allowed, no children are allowed in the park for safety reasons
- This is a dog-focused establishment, that started out of The Pawms Pet Resort, Alabama’s largest independent Pet Resort
“This is exactly what places like Birmingham and Auburn need. We have visited a few of these parks, and within two minutes you have two or three dogs coming up to you, wagging their tails and you just can’t help but smile and have a good time. It’s a great atmosphere that will be pretty hard to beat.”––Bobby Morgan, Director of Operations
Memberships and more
Good Dog isn’t only geared towards dog owners. If you’re looking for good beer and even better company, all you have to do is sign a waiver to enjoy the park and bar. Dog owners can either buy a $10 day pass or become a Good Dog member. They offer $300 yearly memberships as well as $40 monthly memberships. Benefits include:
- Unlimited access to the park during park hours
- Access to ALL Parks (Birmingham, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, and Huntsville)
- Access to a member’s only line to enter the park
- Discounts on beverages
- Exclusive members only events
- Access to community-minded people and dogs together to connect in a fun, safe, creative space
One of the best parts about this park and bar is how they’re giving back to Auburn. Good Dog is supporting local charities that focus on furry friends and making the city a better place.
Auburn will have the ultimate hangout spot for the whole community. Stay tuned for Good Dog’s opening later this spring!