Tennessee-based Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant has officially opened their first out-of-state location in Cullman, Alabama! Announced earlier this year, the new Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant has quickly become a favorite of Cullman residents and interstate travelers. We visited the new restaurant to discover the hype for ourselves.
About Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant
The Puckett’s name dates back to 1953 in the small Tennessee town of Leiper’s Fork. Originally a small-town country store, the Puckett’s brand was purchased in 2002 by Andy Marshall, a prominent restauranteur who owned several Piggly Wiggly stores across the Southeast. Andy transformed the grocery into a dedicated restaurant and music venue, highlighting live local talent during Open Mic Nights.
Since 2002, Andy Marshall expanded Puckett’s into several Tennessee locations:
- Columbia: 15 Public Sq, Columbia, TN 38401
- Chattanooga: 2 W Aquarium Way, Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Nashville: 500 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219
- Franklin: 120 4th Ave S, Franklin, TN 37064
- Murfreesboro: 114 N Church St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
- Pigeon Forge: 2480 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
However, Puckett’s had yet to expand out of Tennessee—until now.
What to expect at Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant
On October 26, Puckett’s officially opened its doors to Cullman residents at the restaurant’s newest location. But why Cullman?
“The owner of Puckett’s, Andy Marshall, owns a lake house in the area. For years, he and his wife have come down for vacation and ended up falling in love with the Cullman community. They ended up finding this space and decided that Cullman would be the perfect place for a new Puckett’s.”Bri Clem, Front of House Manager, Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant
At Puckett’s, you’ll find a full menu of mouthwatering Southern favorites, such as:
- Piggy Mac — Cherry wood-smoked pulled pork in an iron skillet, topped with white cheddar mac n’ cheese and biscuit crumbs
- Fried Catfish — Creole-fried fresh catfish served with fries, coleslaw, house tartar and a Cajun corn cake
- Southern Fried Chicken — Bone-in chicken marinated in spices, battered and fried golden, served with mashed potatoes and Southern green beans
- Cherry Smoked Wings — Smoked, flash-fried and tossed in your choice of dry, mild, hot, BBQ sauce or whiskey glaze
- Chicken Fried Chicken — Tenderized chicken breast battered, fried and topped with white pepper gravy, served with mashed potatoes and Southern green beans
“Puckett’s is rated one of the top 10 best barbecue restaurants in the country—and we don’t even have barbecue in our name! We serve a little bit of everything; our breakfast biscuits and gravy are phenomenal and our chicken fried chicken is one of my personal favorites. We have amazing desserts, too.”Bri Clem, Front of House Manager, Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant
Visit Puckett’s Grocery & Restaurant next time you’re in Cullman
- Puckett’s Cullman: 256.841.7774 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Address: 6076 AL-157, Cullman, AL 35058
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 7AM-9PM | Friday-Saturday 7AM-10PM
What are you waiting for? Take a trip to Cullman to try this legendary Tennessee restaurant—you won’t regret it!