Love fishing and charity? We have the perfect opportunity for you to participate in both through the Alabama Classic Bass Tournament. Taking place in Eufaula, this annual tournament supports multiple charities and offers up to $5,000 in prize money to winners. Keep reading for event details and how to sign up to experience all the fishing fun this Saturday, Oct. 16.
Things to know
Get ready for the 21st annual Alabama Classic Bass Tournament happening this weekend in Eufaula, Alabama. If you didn’t already know, Eufaula is the place to go if you’re looking for a big catch. It gained its reputation as the Bass Fishing Capital of the World back in the 1970s and continues to be a go-to spot.
The tournament will take place in Lakepoint State Park, and a safety meeting open to the public will occur on Friday, Oct. 15 in the main ballroom of Lake Point Lodge at 5PM. You won’t want to miss out on this pre-event meet, with fun features like free prizes, raffles and a guest speaker.
Schedule of the Day
Anglers will meet Saturday morning at Lakepoint Marina Store and Grill, which will be open day-of for breakfast only. Last minute registration/flight numbers will also be issued in Marina Grill.
Boats will take off at the Lakepoint Marina and will be released in order of their flight numbers—numbers are issued in the order entries are received.
The First Flight Weigh-In will take place at Lakepoint Marina at 2PM.
- Location: Lakepoint State Park, 104 Old Hwy 165, Eufaula, AL 36027
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 16 I 4 AM
- Online Entry Fee: $150 per team
- Morning of Entry Fee: $175 per team
How to sign up + Event Details
Try your luck at winning first place and $5,000 dollars in the Alabama Classic Bass Tournament. You can sign up online at their website.
Second place winners will go home with a hefty sum of $3,500 and the remaining top 13 teams will receive varying amounts of prize money ranging from $200-$2000.
- Must be 16 or older or partnered with someone 16 or older
- Only artificial lures may be used
- Fishing permitted anywhere except within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat
- Only largemouth and spotted bass will be accepted
- Limit of 5 fish per boat, minimum length is 14 inches
This event helps raise funds for the following charities:
- The Darby Warrior Support (DWS): The DWS aims to provide physically and emotionally injured post 9/11 Special Operations Combat veterans with all-inclusive hunting and fishing opportunities in an environment that comforts, encourages and fosters rehabilitation.
- Support Of Accelerated Research (SOAR): This organization dedicates its resources to find evidence-based treatments and ultimately a cure for Niemann-Pick Type C disease, a rare neurological illness.
Are you going to be participating in the Alabama Classic Bass Tournament? Let us know by tagging us on social @thebamabuzz