Get excited to hear “Hey mister, throw me some beads!” throughout the streets of Downtown Mobile for the next month, as the birthplace of Mardi Gras takes on a three-century year old tradition. So, what can people look forward to doing while waiting between parades? Follow along for all the details filled with cocktails, beer and some non-alcoholic options, too.
- What to Order? CAIN YOU FEEL IT
- What’s in it? Absolut Vanilla Vodka, Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, cinnamon syrup and half & half
- Location: 571 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 4PM-12AM | Friday & Saturday, 2PM-2AM
- What to Order? JUST BEAD IT
- What’s in it? Bailey’s Irish Cream, Rumchata, Whipped Vodka, splash of Fireball, half & half topped with Ube flavored syrup and green & gold sprinkles
- Location: 6601 Airport Blvd. Ste. C, Mobile, AL, United States, 36608
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-10PM | Friday, 11AM-12AM | Sunday, 11AM-9PM
- What to Order? KING CAKE BUSHWACKER
- Where? 701 SpringHill Ave. Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Friday & Saturday , 11AM-10PM
- What to Order? KING CAKE MARTINI
- What’s in it? Bailey’s Irish Cream, Whipped Vodka, Amaretto, heavy cream and cinnamon
- Where? 7765 Airport Blvd. Suite 120, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Monday-Sunday | 7AM-2PM
- What to Order? Lil’ King Cake Baby
- What is it? Blonde Ale with lactose and spices that are brewed with actual king cakes.
- Where? 420 St. Louis Street, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 3:30PM-9PM | Friday, 2:30PM-10PM | Saturday, 12PM-10PM | Sunday, 12PM-7PM
Non-Alcoholic options are a must-try, too!
Don’t remember what you drank last night or simply need a little caffeine to get through the day? Don’t worry, Mobile has plenty of non-alcoholic Mardi Gras themed drinks as well.
As a coffee addict, Mardi Gras is my favorite season of the year when it comes to getting my morning fix. If you have taste, then you know that cinnamon is the superior ingredient to perfecting any cup of coffee. Check out some of these local coffee shops that are bringing Mardi Gras drinks to a whole new level.
- What to Order? KING CAKE WHITE MOCHA
- What’s in it? White chocolate sauce base with infused brown sugar cinnamon flavoring
- Where? 9850 Airport Blvd., 7849 Cottage Hill Rd S. | 3249 Dauphin St.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday | 6AM-7PM
2. Java Hut
- What to Order? MOONPIE LATTE
- What’s in it? Vanilla, white chocolate, brown sugar and cinnamon syrups topped with a fudge flavored cold foam
- Where? 6343 Airport Blvd. Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 6AM-6PM | Sunday, 7AM-5PM
- What to Order? KING CAKE LATTE
- Where? 1717 Dauphin St. Mobile, AL 36604
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 6AM-6PM | Saturday, 6AM-6PM | Sunday, 7AM-4PM