Hey football fans! It’s almost that time of year, the 2022 Iron Bowl is right around the corner. This year the Tide will be facing Auburn in Tuscaloosa. Keep reading for more details about how we are going to do game day right.
Iron Bowl History
Considered one of the most important football rivalries in the country, the Iron Bowl has been going on since 1893. The epic face-off between Auburn University and the University of Alabama is one of the most exciting times in the state. Traditionally taking place on Thanksgiving weekend, it coined the name “Iron” Bowl due to years of match-ups hosted in Birmingham, a city with a historic role in the steel industry. Who are you rooting for this year?
Tailgating on the Quad
As soon as you step on the Quad for game day, The Million Dollar Band, Dixieland Delight, the smell of barbecue and red and white shakers will hit you. There is nothing like experiencing tailgating on the quad—school spirit and good vibes are through the roof. You can either do reserved quad tailgating or free quad tailgating. For reserved quad tailgating, Gameday Done Right is a full service, turnkey provider of reserved tailgating equipment & services on game day.
Game day Outfits
It’s a known fact that the two most important things when it comes to an SEC game-day are football and fashion. Since this game is a little later in the year, make sure to have something a bit warmer to wear. You’ll be able to find cute sweaters, matching sets and plenty of boots all around Tuscaloosa, but my personal favorite place to shop at is Lucca Boutique.
- Address: 2111 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM | Closed Sunday
Here are some other boutiques to find the perfect game day fit:
- Pants Store
- Location: 2223 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM | Sunday 12-4PM
- Effie’s Inc.
- Location: 404 Queen City Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM | Saturday 10AM-4PM | Closed Sunday
If you didn’t snag a ticket in time, no problem. There will be plenty of watch parties around Tuscaloosa. From bars to restaurants, you’ll have to hustle to find an empty seat. Some of our favorite places to watch the Tide roll include Innisfree, Gallettes and Buffalo Phil’s. There is truly nothing better than a drink in your hand and Alabama football.
- Innisfree | 1925 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Gallettes | 1021 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Buffalo Phil’s | 1149 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Ready to cheer on your favorite team? Here are the game day details:
- Date: Saturday, November 26
- Time: 2:30PM CT
- Location: Bryant Denny Stadium | Tuscaloosa, AL
- Where to watch: CBS
How are you celebrating the Iron Bowl, Alabama? Tag us on social @thebamabuzz and let us know!
You must be logged in to post a comment.