Looking for a fun, new way to cool off from the summer heat in North Alabama? You’re in luck—a brand-new, 12-acre water park just opened in Cullman. Keep reading for all the details on WildWater Cullman!
Dive into the details of WildWater Cullman 🌊
According to Good Day Living AL, WildWater Cullman officially opened on Friday, June 17. While WildWater has been a part of the Cullman Wellness and Aquatic Center for a few years, this opening marks a highly-anticipated expansion.
The water park features tons of attractions that thrill-seekers will love, along with relaxing attractions and several options for children. Plus, there will be plenty of dining and drinking choices to choose from.
WildWater Cullman is brought to the area in part thanks to the work of the Cullman Parks, Recreation and Sports team.
“For years, members of our community and business leaders have discussed the need for more outdoor and indoor recreational attractions within our community. Historically our families have had to travel outside the area to find attractions like WildWater. As a result of this need, we have prioritized updating many of our current parks and indoor facilities to better accommodate the needs of our community. Then we turned our focus on expanding WildWater into a regional water park destination. We’ve also installed the largest inflatable aqua park in the state of Alabama at Palomino RV Resort, designed and started the construction of a high-end skate park in the heart of our downtown area, and most recently, we have planned a 130,000 square-foot indoor Sports and Events Complex that is tentatively scheduled to open in 2024.”Nathan Anderson, Executive Director, Cullman Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism
- Location: 1707 Main Avenue SW, Cullman, AL, 35055
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday-Saturday 10AM-6PM | Tuesday 10AM-4PM + Twilight Tuesday 4-7PM | Sunday 1-6PM
- Tickets: Under 48″ tall & senior citizens 65+ or active duty, retired, national guard or reserve: $23.95 | Regular admission: $29.95 | 2 & under: FREE
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
What to expect 🏖️
- The Torque—one of the park’s fastest slides
- Rally Racer—a competitive park attraction with multiple slides
- Blue Hurricane—a unique slide full of quick turns
- Splash Station—an area for those under 54″ tall
- Riptide—22,000 square foot wave pool
- More, including cabanas + “funbrellas”
Food + drinks
- Oasis Bistro—full-service lunch + dinner with menu items like burgers, chicken tenders, sandwiches, nachos + more
- The Gully—a grab-and-go stop for snacks + drinks
- Iceberg—a restored Airstream serving frozen treats like shaved ice + frozen sodas
- Breakers—21+ patio with alcoholic beverages
“Without a doubt, one of the greatest joys we have is observing local families enjoying time together and making memories in a safe, clean and fun environment. At the same time, these attractions draw thousands of people to Cullman from outside of this area to enjoy our park and be introduced to the beautiful place we call home. WildWater will have lasting benefits to so many businesses within our area. We have already experienced a high volume of people from surrounding counties and neighboring states, many of which visited Cullman for the first time and chose to stay overnight.”Nathan Anderson, Executive Director, Cullman Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism
For more buzzy news about other Alabama attractions delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for our FREE newsletter!
You must be logged in to post a comment.