We’ve got some exciting news—The Renaissance Faire in Florence is BACK! Here are three reasons you won’t want to miss the popular event, October 23-24.
Did you know Florence is Alabama’s “Renaissance City?” Yep, it’s true. With a local Renaissance Faire that draws in up to 40,000 attendees each fall, it makes sense.
What’s the Faire all about? The Renaissance period, of course. A time when literature, art, math, music and more were revived.
1. You could be a contest winner
The Renaissance Faire has great opportunities for those wanting to show off their skills and talent to the crowd. Some of the contests held annually include:
- Art Contest for student’s grades K-6
- Sonnet Contest for Junior & Senior High school
- Poster Entry Contest- the winning Renaissance Faire design poster will win $500
Although contest entry deadlines have ended, there’s still a chance for you to become a 2021 Renaissance Faire contest star.
2. You’ll be amazed by the talented performers
What’s a festival without good music and dancing? Here’s a list of featured performers you can expect to see at the event Saturday-Sunday, October 23-24:
- Menagerie- A musical duo
- The Rainbow Dancers— Continuously performing dance troupe at the Renaissance Faire
- The Zholdak Kozaky— Live-steel, living history re-enactment group, whose shows revolve around life in a 17th century mercenary camp
- And more!
3. You have the chance to show off a unique costume
You’ll feel like Halloween came early when you stroll through the park and discover the incredible costumes being worn. You can expect to see a variety, including wizards, trolls, fairies & more.
How To Attend
Are you ready to attend one of the top events in the Southeast this October?
- When: Saturday-Sunday, October 23-24 | Saturday 10AM-6PM, Sunday Noon-6PM
- Where: Wilson Park, 217 E Tuscaloosa St, Florence, AL 35630
- Website | Facebook