In case you haven’t heard, today, Thursday, April 7 is National Beer Day! We’ll take any excuse to visit our favorite sipping spots around Auburn and Opelika, so here’s three ways to celebrate the national holiday.
1. Brewery Highlights
Looking to check out the brewery scene on this national holiday? We’ve got you covered.
Good Dog Auburn
Good Dog Auburn is new to The Plains, featuring a fully-turfed dog park and bar extension to enjoy a brew with your furry friend. Learn all about this exciting new bar here.
- Contact: 205.292.3591 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Friday 4-10PM, Saturday-Sunday 12-10PM
- Address: 203 E University Dr, Auburn, AL 36832
Resting Pulse Brewing Company
Owned by former healthcare workers, Resting Pulse aims to create an environment to find your “resting pulse” at their relaxing and fun atmosphere.
- Contact: 334.203.1364 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM, Sunday 12-10PM
- Address: 714 1st Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
Red Clay Brewing Company
This craft brewery in Downtown Historic Opelika provides the community with unique flavors though their deep Southern roots.
- Contact: 334.737.5409 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday 11AM-8PM, Tuesday-Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-11:30PM
- Address: 704 N Railroad Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
John Emerald Distilling Co.
John Emerald is a small batch craft distillery known for their craft cocktails as well as brewing their own delicious beers.
- Contact: 334.737.5353 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 12-11PM, Friday-Saturday 12PM-12AM, Sunday 1-6PM
- Address: 706 N Railroad Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
Whistle Stop Bottle and Brew
This fun Homebrew and Winemaking supply store/bottle shop features more than 19 craft beers and much more.
- Contact: 334.748.9727 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 12-9PM, Friday 12-11PM, Saturday 10AM-11PM, Sunday 12-7PM
- Address: 830 N Railroad Ave, Opelika, AL 36801
We’ve rounded up all of the best specials you can discover around the city on National Beer Day. Let’s dive in.
The 19th Hole of Auburn
19th Hole is a unique golf-themed restaurant that includes local brews and craft cocktails. Their Thursday beer specials include $10 draft pitchers and $5 pitchers of club beer.
- Contact: 334.328.3033 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-10PM, Sunday 10AM-5PM
- Address: 1120 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832
In the heart of Downtown Auburn, Southeastern Bar will feature $2 Michelob Ultras and Landshark Drafts for National Beer Day.
- Contact: 334.332.5295 I Website I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 5AM-2PM
- Address: 108 W Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830
Stop by 1716, a long-time Auburn favorite, for $2 Tallboys and $3 Michelob Ultras.
- Contact: 334.826.1211 I Facebook I Instagram
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 7AM-2PM
- Address: 156 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830
3. Downtown Auburn Sip and Shop
Downtown Auburn’s Sip and Shop is an entertainment district event that offers extended shopping hours paired with drinks to enjoy all night. This event has become a hit in the community, so get ready to sip and shop your heart out from 4-8PM Thursday, April 7. Downtown Auburn retailers will feature discounts and more so you don’t want to miss out!
Get ready for all the festivities surrounded by the great community of Auburn/Opelika.
Show us how you’re celebrating National Beer Day by tagging us on social @TheBamaBuzz.