Huntsville, you’ll want to check out these five openings. We’ve rounded up the newest spots to eat, drink, shop and read. Keep reading for the deets.
1. Open now—Baker & Able
This opening can be found at the top of 106 Jefferson. Here, you’ll pay homage to two space traveling monkeys, sip on delicious cocktails and take in the views of Huntsville. What could be better?
- Contact: (256) 288-0128
- Address: 106 Jefferson Street S, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 4-11PM, Friday & Saturday 4PM-12AM
2. Open now—Sea Salt Urban Oyster Bar
Watch out Huntsville, a new oyster bar is in town. Here, you can enjoy oysters from the East Coast, West Coast or Gulf Coast.
Not a fan of oysters? Get a taste of the sea by ordering lobster, shrimp, crab or fish. You have to check out the adult grilled cheese—jumbo lump crab, truffle triple creme brie, pear chutney and sriracha. Delicious.
Bonus—Seal Salt has 24 beers on tap!
- Contact: (256) 824–0000
- Address: 114 Clinton Ave E, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday 11AM-9PM, Wednesday & Thursday 11AM-10PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-12AM, Sunday 11AM-8PM
3. Opening this week—South Huntsville Library
What used to be Grissom High School will now become South Huntsville Library. We have the City of Huntsville, Madison County Commission and the Huntsville Library Foundation to thank for this $9.5 million library.
The library will have a bookstore-style layout and will be complete with a teen gaming center, children’s puppet theater, outside vendor coffee shop, an indoor fireplace and even more amenities:
- Public computers
- Free WiFi
- Study rooms
- 3D printer
- Fax services
- Scan services
- Reading room
- Learning garden
South Huntsville Library will open Tuesday, September 28 at 12PM. I am ready to check out a good book to curl up and read. What about you?
- Contact: (256) 881-0257
- Address: 7901 Bailey Cove Road SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 9AM-8PM, Friday & Saturday 9AM-5PM, Sunday 1-5PM
4. Opening this week—Trader Joe’s
This is the moment Huntsvillians have been waiting for. You no longer have to travel to Birmingham to shop at Trader Joe’s.
With fall products coming out, this is the perfect time for Huntsville’s Trader Joe’s. Mark your calendars, Trader Joe’s is opening Thursday, September 30 at 9AM.
Before opening, there will be a ceremony with the Store Captain Jerimy Krepps, Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle, the Huntsville High Marching Band and the Trader Joe’s employees. We’ll see you in line. You don’t want to miss this opening!
- Address: 1100 Mid City Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 9AM-9PM
5. Opening later—The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory will be serving over 250 different dishes—talk about too many options. You’ll have to go frequently to try everything.
Opening October 26, The Cheesecake Factory is looking to hire front of the house and kitchen employees. Ready to apply?