Can you believe November is already here? A new month means new events in Huntsville. Read on for five November events we’re looking forward to, from holiday markets to hockey games. Hope to see you there!
1. The Holiday Market at MidCity
What’s better than a local market? A holiday market. The Market at MidCity ends with a grand finale—The Holiday Market.
Get started on your holiday shopping by picking up gifts and food to get in the holiday spirit. Everything you’ll find at the Holiday Market will be made, grown or baked within 150 miles of Rocket City.
Hang out after the market for the after party. There will be food, drinks, music and more. Word is, Santa is coming!
- When: Sunday, November 14 11AM-5PM
- Where: The Camp | 5909 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Cost: Free
2. Exotic Pet Expo
What exotic pets can you expect to see at the Exotic Pet Expo? Mini pigs, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, finches, parrots, geckos, snakes, tarantulas, scorpions, frogs and more.
Whether you’re looking to bring home your next best friend or just want to look at the animals, this will be a fun event for all.
- When: November 20-21 | Saturday 9AM-5PM | Sunday 10AM-4PM
- Where: Huntsville JAYCEE’s building | 2180 Airport Rd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Cost: $3.00 per person, free under the age of 12
3. Artemis on the Square
Rocket City, get ready to celebrate Artmeis and Huntsville’s space accomplishments. You’ll enjoy an interactive, Artemis-themed day. This will be fun for the whole family.
You’ll see displays around the square. Northside square will be all about Artemis I, Eastside square will be dedicated to the Moon & Gateway and you’ll find the Mars & Beyond display on the Southside square.
Come in your best astronaut attire.
- When: Saturday, November 6 11AM-2PM
- Where: Downtown Huntsville Square | 100 North Side Square, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Cost: Free
4. Galaxy of Light
Take a stroll through Huntsville Botanical Garden. You’ll enjoy lights and holiday decorations by foot or by car. You can even bring your four-legged friends for Dog Walking Nights—November 15, 16, 22 and 23. My pups, Beau and Jasper, love looking at lights!
- When: November 11-28 (Closed Thanksgiving Day) | 5:15-8:30PM
- Where: Huntsville Botanical Garden | 4747 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Tickets: Buy tickets online or at the door, tickets can be bought now for a discounted price
5. Huntsville Havoc Veterans Night
We can’t forget about Veterans Day—Thursday, November 11. Celebrate a night early at the Huntsville Havoc‘s Wednesday night game. They’ll be playing the Knoxville Ice Bears.
- When: Wednesday, November 10 7-10PM
- Where: Von Braun Center Propst Arena | 700 Monroe Street SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Tickets: Buy tickets online | $5 tickets for former military personnel and family
Huntsville, what November events did we miss? Let us know by tagging us on social @thebamabuzz.