Bank Street used to be the hub of Decatur businesses. It is now a historic spot for specialty shops and antiques. Here are five unique shops you’ll find on Bank Street. Keep reading for the deets.
1. Bank Street Art & Antiques
Bank Street Art & Antiques is filled with treasures. In fact, it is three stories filled.
With 65 dealers and 14 local artists, this art and antique store has so much to look at. It could keep you busy all day long. The best way to antique shop is to not be looking for anything at all. Let those antique pieces come to you.
By visiting, you can check “the largest art and antique mall in North Alabama” off your bucket list.
I even saw a copy of Elvis Presley’s will, how cool!
- Location: 818 Bank Street, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Give them a call: (256) 353-6505
2. Tennessee Valley Pecan Company
We’re nuts over this Bank Street favorite. Tennessee Valley Pecan Company is serving up pecans, personal pecan pies, pastries and gifts for any food lovers in your life.
You can also order a cup of joe. Try their signature brand, Bushytail Coffee. Love it? Bring a bag home.
A tunnel underneath the store gives a glimpse into Decatur’s history. The tunnel, from the Prohibition era, was once used to stash booze. Now, the President and General Manager, David Armistead likes to show this to Decatur visitors and even locals.
“Access to the tunnel has been closed since March 2020 due to COVID restrictions. With that being said, we hope to have it open for viewing soon.”David Armistead, President & General Manager
Have you checked this out yet?
- Location: 806 Bank Street, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Give them a call: (256) 353-1880
3. 810 Antiques
Experience history through the items you’ll find at 810 Antiques. This family-owned antique store is run by Andy Dye.
“I’ve always been a big collector of things. They have a way of finding me.”Andy Dye, 810 Antiques
You might find your new favorite piece of home decor, jewelry item or kitchen supplies. You never know unless you go look.
- Location: 810 Bank Street, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Give them a call: (256) 580-5002
4. Yarn Boutique
Have you ever seen so much yarn?
You’ll be all set to get your crafting on after a trip to Yarn Boutique. Not quite the crafter? No problem. Here, you can take classes in knitting, crocheting, spinning and weaving.
You can also buy knits to get yourself started with your newest hobby.
- Location: 706 Bank Street, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10AM-5PM, Thursday 10AM-8PM, Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Give them a call: (256) 580-5510
5. Cloud 9 Baby & Children’s Boutique
Whether you’ve got a little one at home or need a gift for someone else’s new bundle of joy, Cloud 9 has all things baby. Baby blankets, toys and clothes, you name it.
I love giving (and getting) personalized gifts. Cloud 9 does all the work for you. Pick out your items and they’ll send it off to get embroidered. All you have to do is pick it up.
- Location: 712 Bank Street, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 11AM-4PM
- Give them a call: (256) 686-2099
Planning a day trip to Decatur? Here are 7 interesting things to check out.
Follow @thebamabuzz for all things Alabama + sign up for our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.