It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and Montgomery is ready to give you the holiday joy. Get out your planner, because we’ve got 5 holiday activities that you absolutely need to do. Here’s everything you need to know.
1. Montgomery Christmas Parade
One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to go and see the Christmas parade. Montgomery’s annual Christmas parade will be held on Friday December 10 at 6:15PM. The parade begins at Capitol steps and stops at Court Square Fountain. Gather your friends and family to see Santa, Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and so many more. Be sure to get there early, because parking will be closed no later than 6PM.
- Address: Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, Al
- website I 334-625-2118
- Check for road closures and reserved parking.
2. Visit Santa at Eastdale Mall
Calling all boys and girls. He’s making a list and checking it twice. Right here in Montgomery. Find out if you’re on the naughty or nice list because Santa Claus is coming to town. You can see the big guy yourself this season at Eastdale Mall.
Bring your holiday wishlist to 1000 W Eastdale Mall, Montgomery, AL 36117.
- Friday December 10 and Saturday December 11 10AM
- Sunday December 12 11AM
- Monday December 13 and Tuesday December 14 2PM
RSVP and pricing here.
3. Visit the Ice Palace
Dust off your ice skates, grab your mittens and coats and head over to the Ice Palace. You can live out your Christmas dreams right here in Montgomery. This is a perfect way for some quality time with your loved ones this season. Not to mention the laughs you’ll have when they fall.
- Address: 1000 W Eastdale Mall, Montgomery, Al
- Monday-Friday and Sunday 1-3PM and 3:30-5:30PM
- Saturday 10-12:30PM, 1-3PM, 3PM-5:30PM,
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6-8PM
4. A Not-So Silent Night: Holiday Music Sing-Along
I hope your vocal cords are ready because you’re going to need them for this event. The Riverwalk Amphitheater will be hosting A Not-So-Silent Night: Holiday Music Sing-Along on December 21. Featuring a local favorite, The Capitol Sounds Concert Band, who will be making an appearance. You don’t want to miss this!
- Time: 6-8PM
- Address: 355 Coosa St, Montgomery, AL 36104
Facebook I Instagram I Website
5. Take a stroll at Montgomery Zoo Christmas Lights Festival
During the holiday season I love to drive around the city and look at Christmas lights. Nothing compares to the Montgomery Zoo Christmas lights festival. Who knew the zoo could be this beautiful at night? Grab a loved one and take a stroll now through Christmas day. If you’re cold, make sure you stop at the Overlook Café to get cup of hot chocolate and a warm cookie.
You can also get a tour ride on the train or look from above on the Zoofari Skylift Adventure ride. The festival also features local live performers and entertainment at the Overlook Café.
For performance dates and times as well as more festival information visit their website.
- Address: 2301 Coliseum Parkway, Montgomery, AL 36110
- Times: Monday-Sunday 5-9PM
- Toddlers 2 and under and Montgomery Zoo members are FREE I Tickets I Group RSVP
How are you bringing in holiday joy this season? Tag us @thebamabuzz
You must be logged in to post a comment.