Veterans Day in Thursday, November 11 and Huntsville is home to Redstone Arsenal—United States Army post. With military members in our community, it is important to honor our very own heroes. You can recognize our nation’s veterans and their military service in these five ways. Read on to make your Veterans Day plans.
1. Huntsville/Madison County Veterans Day Parade
This year’s theme for the Veterans Day parade is “honoring all who served.” The parade will start at Veterans Memorial Park, then will go down Monroe Street, Green Street and Williams Avenue. The parade is free and open to the public, so it is the perfect event for the whole family.
You can expect to see Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle and the Redstone-Huntsville Chapter of the Association of the Army.
- Where: Downtown Huntsville | Starts at Madison County Veterans Memorial Park | 200 Monroe St NW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- When: Thursday, November 11 at 11AM | Pre-events start at 10AM
2. Huntsville Havoc Veterans Night
Tickets for former military personnel and their families are $5—available at the Von Braun Center box office.
- Where: Von Braun Center Propst Arena | 700 Monroe Street SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- When: Wednesday, November 10 at 7PM
3. U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum
You can visit the U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum to see military memorabilia, artifacts and vehicles.
Admission is free for active duty and veterans.
- Where: 2060A Airport Road, Huntsville, AL 35801
- When: Wednesday-Saturday 10AM-4PM
4. Huntsville Madison County Veterans Memorial Park
If you haven’t checked out the Veterans Memorial Park, Veterans Day is the perfect day to do so. Take a stroll through to honor those who have fought for our country.
- Where: 200 Monroe St NW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- When: Monday-Sunday 5AM-12PM
5. Downtown Rescue Mission’s Veterans Day
This Veterans Day, Downtown Rescue Mission will be honoring the homeless veterans in our community. Each veteran will be presented with a special gift. There will be patriotic music by the Rocketeers and an inspirational speech by Colonel George Byron Reed.
This is a great opportunity to give back in Huntsville.
- Where: 1400 Evangel Dr. NW, Huntsville, AL 35816
- When: Thursday, November 11 at 10:30AM
How will you be honoring Veterans Day? Tag us on social @thebamabuzz and let us know.