Dust off your witch hats and ghost costumes, Tuscaloosa. Spooky season is in full swing, and there’s no shortage of ways to pack in some fear and fun. We rounded up some of our favorite eerie events happening around town.
1. T-Town Witches Ride
The witchiest women in Tuscaloosa will ride through downtown to celebrate spooky season soon. The fourth annual T-Town Witches Ride is a celebration of all things supernatural, and it’s sure to be a blast. The two-mile bicycle ride and one-mile walk begins in the heart of Tuscaloosa at Government Plaza.
There’s a $25 fee to ride with the witches this year. All funds raised go to the Arc of Tuscaloosa.
Even better, there’s fun for the whole family at this year’s witches ride. The event’s organizers are brewing up kid’s and entertainment zones.
2. Tuscaloosa Horror
The Horror is the perfect way for a thrill seeker to ring in Halloween. The newly opened haunted house is the largest in Tuscaloosa. The first part of The Horror is a haunted manor containing vampires, mad scientists and maybe a mummy or two. The second half of Tuscaloosa Horror is a home on Halloween night. It has spooky characters throughout and an eerie swamp towards its end.
- When: Open Thursday, Friday and Saturday October 14-30
- Thursday hours: 7 PM-10 PM
- Friday and Saturday hours: 7 PM-12 AM
- Halloween hours: 7 PM-11PM
- Where: 5477 Skyland Blvd East Cottondale, Alabama 35453
- Contact: Facebook
3. Trick or Treat Trails
Dress up and get spooky in the great outdoors! The Tuscaloosa Parks and Recreation authority is hosting Trick or Treat Trails at one of my favorite spots in town, Sokol Park. Costumes are encouraged at the walk. It’s $5 to register before the event and $10 the day of.
- When: Friday, October 29 at 6 PM
- Where: Sokol Park Red Barn
- Contact: 205.562.3230 | Facebook | Instagram
4. Izzy’s Comics Spooktacular
Unleash your inner comic book nerd at Izzy’s Spooktacular Saturday. The once-a-year event will feature special guests, store exclusives, costume contests, trick or treating, raffles and a food truck. Izzy’s is also offering $1 comics and exclusive covers as a special Halloween treat.
- When: Saturday, October 30; 10 AM-5 PM
- Where: 2801 Lurleen B Wallace Blvd Suite 6, Northport, AL 35476
- Contact: 205.579.5322 | Facebook | Instagram
5. Tech or Treat 2021
The fourth annual Tech or Treat explores STEM and the supernatural. It’s happening at the Gateway, a state-of-the-art technology center. There will be games, candy and special tech prizes at the event.
- When: Tuesday, October 2; 6 PM-8PM
- Where: 2614 University Blvd E, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Contact: 205.248.4949 | Facebook | Instagram
How are you getting spooky in Tuscaloosa? Tag @thebamabuzz and share some thrills!