Can a small town in Alabama really be a foodie destination? We think so. Keep reading for six of the best places to eat in Decatur!
1. Simp McGhee’s
Simp McGhee’s is the best spot if you’re looking for a little upscale dining. The classic restaurant is full of old fashioned charm while offering fresh Cajun seafood and beef selections sure to please any palate. Keep up with their Facebook so you don’t miss their next oyster night!
- Location: 725 Bank St, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Tues-Thurs 5-9PM | Fri-Sat 5-9:30PM | Closed Sundays and Mondays
2. The Brick Deli
Whether you’re going out for a weekday lunch or Friday night dinner, The Brick is the go-to spot for any occasion. They have live music on the weekends, fun specialty cocktails and some of the friendliest faces in town.
- Location: 112 Moulton St E, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Mon-Tues 11AM-3PM | Wed-Thurs 11AM-10PM | Fri-Sat 11AM-12AM | Closed Sundays
3. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q
You can’t talk about Decatur without mentioning Big Bob Gibson. Big Bob’s is widely recognized as one of the oldest and most prestigious barbecue restaurants in the world. After you get a taste of their barbecue potato, you’ll know why.
- Hours: 9:30AM-8:30PM daily
4. B.B. Perrins
Looking for somewhere to watch the next basketball game? Look no further. B.B.’s has all your cold beer, mixed drink and cocktail desires with screens to watch all the games you want. They have karaoke nights, weekly drink special and of course, BAMA game-day events.
- Location: 608 Holly St NE, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11AM-9PM | Fri-Sat 11AM-10PM | Closed Sundays
5. The Railyard
The Railyard is Downtown Decatur’s hot spot for Southern comfort food with the finest whiskey and local craft beers. Pro tip: start with the charcuterie board and a seasonal martini.
- Location: 209 2nd Ave SE, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Tues-Wed 11AM-2PM | Thurs 11AM-8PM | Fri-Sat 11AM-9PM | Closed Sundays and Mondays
6. Morgan Price Candy Company
We obviously can’t forget dessert! Stop at Morgan Price Candy for the BEST English toffee you’ll ever have. They’ve been making Decatur’s favorite candy the old-fashioned way, by hand and in small batches for over 25 years.
- Location: 1735 6th Ave SE, Decatur, AL 35601
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10AM-5PM | Sat 10AM-2PM | Closed Sunday
There are so many yummy places to eat in and around Decatur. Have you tried any of these spots? Let us know @thebamabuzz!