Outdoor dining is a summer staple in Alabama and for some folks, their first leap back into the dining scene. From upscale patios to trendy rooftop dining and everything in between, we’ve rounded up a place for everyone to enjoy.
1. The Camp at MidCity
Serving as a casual community dining space, The Camp at MidCity features rotating seasonal menus, an impressive line-up of live music and insta-worthy events. Food trucks and drinks not your thing? The Greenroom is a one-stop-shop for all caffeinated drinks and is casually made out of shipping containers. Feel free to bring your friends (people and puppies alike) and join in on the excitement that The Camp has to offer.
- Location: 5909 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.763.7877
2. Rhythm on Monroe
Looking for dinner with a view? Check out Rhythm on Monroe. Located conveniently in the Von Braun Center, it is right in the heart of downtown Huntsville. With a personalized rooftop menu and signature cocktails, this place is a must-see for locals and tourists alike. Since the rooftop is first come first serve, get in early to catch the sunset on the skyline.
- Location: 700 Monroe St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.533.1953
Built on the foundation of Martin Stamping and Stove Factory, this vibrant mixed-use campus of restaurants and businesses alike focuses on leisure, so all you have to do is kick back and relax during your outdoor dining experience. Enjoy a drink at the Pourhouse, boasting the “most comfortable bar stools in Alabama” or catch the famous Dueling Pianos every Thursday at their live entertainment space.
- Location: 3414 Governors Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.801.2424
4. The Poppy and Parliament
Transport yourself across the pond for a night at The Poppy and Parliament, one of Huntsville’s gems. Located in the historic square, this upscale English pub showcases traditional English and Irish dishes made from local ingredients. Craving more English inspired ingredients? Check out their gourmet store and butcher shop to give you the traditional pub experience at home.
- Location: 117 North Side Square, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.715.7152
Purveyor: where world-class dining is paired with unique and exclusive beer, wine and bourbon. Located in The Avenue area of downtown, this trendy Huntsville outdoor dining spot does not disappoint. On top of regular dining hours, chefs Adam and Angie LaZarre host supper clubs and wine tastings to keep the fun going.
- Location: 201 Jefferson St N, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.419.2555
6. Stella’s Elixir Lounge
Is your office needing its next location for an outdoor happy hour? This is a new outdoor spot that will become a staple in your weekly routine. This place is named after Tennessee Williams’ 1947 play, “A Streetcar Named Desire,” and features elegant, reminiscent cocktails. Located both indoor and on a spacious rooftop, the venue loves to showcase local musicians and fantastic happy hour deals with a special Vintage Night every Monday.
- Location: 127 Holmes Ave NW Ste 202, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.384.4313
Grilled cheese lovers, this one is for you! Serving as Huntsville’s go-to grilled cheese spot for the last two years, MELT seeks to turn the ordinary sandwich into something extraordinary. With combinations such as Chicken Bacon Ranch and the Flyin’ Hawaiian, this place keeps customers on their toes. Their patio has a great space for live music and is located on a lively corner at The Avenue.
- Location: 201 Jefferson St N Suite I, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Contact: Website | Instagram | Facebook | 256.517.8755