Furry friend lovers unite! In an article published by Pettable, Alabama was named the 5th best state for pets in 2023. Keep reading for all the details.
So what makes Alabama one of the top 5 states for pets in the U.S.? According to Pettable, nearly 60% of Alabama households own a pet– the 20th highest ownership rate in the country.
If you’re a reader of our sister publication, Bham Now, you may already know that Birmingham is a huge hot-spot for pet owners.
According to two other surveys, Birmingham has been named the best city to visit with your dog as well as one of the top 15 most pet-friendly cities.
Tuscaloosa has also been named one of the top fastest-growing dog friendly cities.
Keeping your pets happy and healthy
Clearly, Alabama loves our pets. Here are some of our favorite animal resources that make our state a great place for your furry friends:
- Big Dog Ranch Rescue– the largest no-kill dog rescue organization in the US– opened last year in Macon County.
- Good Dog Park & Bar has become a popular hang-out for dogs and dog-owners alike with locations in Birmingham and Auburn.
- Alabama Spay/Neuter is a non-profit clinic dedicated to reducing pet overpopulation and the amount of pets in shelters.
- Pet Paradise– a pet resort that offers boarding, grooming & vet care– is set to open in Hoover in 2023.
- Buddy’s Pet Stop is a family-owned pet store in Mobile that offers homemade treats & cat adoption.
- Gatos and Beans– Birmingham’s first and only cat cafe– also offers adoption through Kitty Cat Haven & Rescue.
Wanna stay in the know about what’s buzzing in the state? Be sure to sign up for our FREE newsletter for more stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
You must be logged in to post a comment.