Nothing’s more exciting than a cruise ship excursion, with dozens of destinations, a full schedule of activities and incredible food and drinks. With wonderful things to eat, fun things to do and great places to stay, the City of Mobile is the top place to set sail in Alabama, and starting March 5, ships will once again leave from the Bay. Looking to book your dream vacay? We took care of the itinerary, so you can start and end a stand-out trip in the Port City.
Say Bon Voyage
After a long COVID-related hiatus, cruises are once again leaving the Port of Mobile starting March 5, 2022. Just in time for spring break, you can book an exciting adventure to any of the following destinations aboard the Carnival Ecstasy:
- Costa Maya
- Mahogany Bay
- Key West
- Grand Turk
- Amber Cove
- Grand Cayman
- Colon (Panama Canal)
Take a look at their spring and summer schedule and book your trip today!
Book Your Stay
1. The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Only five blocks from the cruise terminal, The Battle House Renaissance Mobile is a beautiful choice complete with ornate decor, pool, luxury rooms and a full-service day spa. Bonus: Your stay includes parking for one vehicle throughout the cruise and transportation for up to four guests to and from the terminal.
- Location: 26 N Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602
2. Hampton Inn & Suites
Enjoy complimentary breakfast, newly-renovated rooms and free parking at the cruise terminal when you stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Downtown Mobile. This is a prime spot for cruisers as it is the closest hotel to the terminal.
- Location: 62 S Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602
Taste the Fantastic Fare
Head to Roosters for authentic Latin American dishes, tacos, burritos, nachos and more. We recommend getting the surf and turf burrito with shrimp and Barbacoa brisket, and you have to try the queso fundido with chorizo on top—yum!
- Location: 211 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Website I Facebook
2. The Cheese Cottage
If you’re a cheese lover a visit to The Cheese Cottage is a must for your stay in Mobile. The Cheese Cottage has your standard charcuterie and cheese board, and trust us they’re incredible. But, what really makes this place stand out is the cheese-based dishes. Try the mozzarella bruschetta, pimento gouda and bacon sandwich or the prosciutto, goat cheese and bacon jam pizza.
- Location: 650 St Louis St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Website I Facebook I Instagram
3. LoDa Bier Garten
Journey over to LoDa Bier Garten for German eats, crazy burgers and over 100 beers on draft. Their menu is no common pub food with items like Southwest Egg Rolls filled with chicken, cheese and jalapeños and the Hugh Jass Waffle Burger, complete with bacon, cheese, sausage, egg and stuffed between two deep-fried, buttermilk waffles smothered in maple syrup.
- Location: 251 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Website I Facebook I Instagram
4. Debris Po Boys & Drinks
If you’re craving an authentic po-boy, Debris Po Boys & Drinks is the place to go, and if you’ve never had this iconic dish you’re in for a treat. They’ve got friend shrimp, soft shell crab, fried oysters, Mahi Mahi and tons of other seafood sandwiches for you to try.
- Location: 276 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36602
Enjoy Local Attractions
Did you know if you book a cruise out of Mobile you automatically get added to their Very Important Cruiser program? This program offers various discounts and sometimes even free admission to the city’s coolest attractions. All you have to do is present your boarding pass as proof. Wondering what attractions are on the list? Here are a few of our top picks.
- Mobile Museum of Art—Visit the largest art museum along the Gulf Coast.
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home—Explore the 65-acre estate garden and historic home.
- USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park—Love Naval history? take a step back in time into America’s military past.
- Estuarium at Dauphin Island Sea Lab—Discover over 100 species of coastal Alabama + check out the sting ray touch pool.
- Mobile Symphony Orchestra—Catch a concert by one of the nation’s top regional orchestras.
- WildNative Delta Safaris—See gators, birds, dolphins, historical landmarks + more on this water tour.
Looking for even more events? Check out the full list of attractions and their discounts on Visit Mobile’s website.
For more cool stuff happening in Mobile check out Visit Mobile’s website or follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
You must be logged in to post a comment.